Skip to content

New to the forum and looking for 2nd basenji!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New here and new to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    M
    Hi Angie, She does look like a Brindle Basenji. Also i think Basenji's eyes look like they are wearing eyeliner. Hope you and your family are enjoying her and the many wonders of the Basenji breed.
  • New member, new basenji owner as of yesterday!

    Member Introductions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    lvossL
    Most people incorrectly use the terms dominant and dominance with regard to dogs. Here is a good blog post by Dr. Sophia Yin on the topic. http://drsophiayin.com/blog/entry/dominance_in_dogs_is_not_a_personality_trait
  • New to Forum/New to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    Welcome and congratulations! I have two BRATS myself, and a third basenji as well. So beware, they ARE like potato chips (You can't have just one) I love her name, she is gorgeous. Can't wait to hear all about her Homecoming!
  • New to forum

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    R
    She has been fixed. As for the falconi, I dont think any of the basenjis that I have have every been tested for it. as for the country hounds and hearts place. I went by the address listed on the site and it appears that no one has been there for a while. Very scary looking place.. overgrown, strange smell, fence pieced together with kennel/crate doors, vacant car. I called the number and it was disconnected and I tried a second number and have been waiting for over a week for someone to call back. We are going to give it the college try to get her "normal" but I want to make sure that I am not doing her a dis-service. I have time before we are slated to move but I also want to make sure that she would be happy. I know deep down that I have not been a great owner to her but I love her very much and don't want to see her harmed in any way. Thanks everyone for the coments and suggestions
  • New member wanting to meet new basenji people

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    RivermoonR
    HI…welcome! I also have a Rocket Socks kid!!!