• I spent the bulk of my afternoon today baking and pureeing the pumpkins from my garden. Took hours as there were quite a few of them.

At first all three dogs were hovering, hoping for some fresh baked pumpkin.
    But Jazz… she was there all the day long. Any time I had a few minutes to go sit down, she would hurry between me on the couch and the kitchen, doing her little spinny-begging thing. Any time I stood up, she would ruuuuun to stand in front of the oven and look hopefully at me. 😃 ALL day this went on.

They got quite a bit of fresh pumpkin today - I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect tonight. :o

The sugar pumpkins I grew I've pureed and will freeze for pies and breads for the humans, but I did grow a few of the larger {less flavorful} jack-o-lantern pumpkins and I'll puree those up to use in dog food.

My house smells sooo good right now!

• Oh how great it is to have the home smells of harvest. I too was amazed at my two furkids appetite for raw pumpkin, straight from the jack-o-lantern scrapings. Must be somthing good in them. Thanks for sharing your day. 🙂 🙂

• Kiora loves fresh pumpkin! She usually only gets it twice a year on Halloween and Thanksgiving. It's a special treat for her. Miss Ananda thinks she is insane and would like to let it be known that she prefers to eat turkey on Thanksgiving. 😉 I think it usually goes over o.k with their tummies since it is high in fiber. Kiora's stomach is made of steel, though. Once she ate an entire bar of 70% cacao chocolate and was not even a little sick, though I was sick with worry for about a day and a half.

Suggested Topics