How well-trined can a Basenji become?

• Okay didn't want to make a THREAD, but where is ivoss? I looked and no posts since January.

• I thought that too, along with Kipawa…hmmm

Maybe they were trying to avoid puppy season..lol

• ROFLMAO, puppy season… oh the unfulfilled yearnings!

• As everyone here has said, it's possible to expect your basenji to e "reasonably trained" - but, that doesn't mean he/she is going to do it every time, and they are very easily bored. As someone has as a tag line, "A Basenji does not obey to orders, it may listen to proposals." The operative word here being "may." Success ten times in a row is no assurance regarding the 11th time. Still, they are worth it. As to the furniture, etc., we finally decided to make a choice: a pristine household or basenjis. Guess what we choose. …....

• Same goes for having a nice garden, or not.

• Y'a know, just a random thought.
    I love Rotties, chows and basenjis.

ANCIENT breeds – chows and basenji in the oldest group.
    New breed::: Rottweilers.

You can teach a freaking Rottweiler to do ANYTHING, consistently. They live to please.

Chows and basenjis-- yeah right.

I remember about 15 yrs ago going first to the American Rottie front page online... article on how to get your dog to do a flip and finish etc.

I go to the Chow page. I am not joking.. main article... How to Teach Your Chow to Come.

I laughed a long long long time at the truthfulness of it all. I once knew a lady here in GA that got OBEDIENCE AND AGILITY titles on her dogs. I one day got to meet here when I picked up a rescue to transport and so I asked her HOW. She said, you have to do it young because between 18 mos and 2 yrs, they stopped performing for you.

So, at least we aren't alone.

Chow Rules

• @DebraDownSouth:

Okay didn't want to make a THREAD, but where is ivoss? I looked and no posts since January.

Ivoss is awaiting the birth of their first child!….. so busy with that, baby's room, Basenjis, and teaching school. But all is well with the Voss household

• Whoo hoo, congrats to her..I had no idea 🙂

• I think Chow Rules are spot on with Basenji rules!

• OH MY GOODNESS! Please please give her my congrats! LOL we should throw her a basenji board virtual shower. 🙂

Suggested Topics