• That is EXACTLY how Jazz does it, although usually she strives to get her chin just a little higher on the leg.

Keoki usually just stands and stares, then puts a foot on your leg.

almost 😃 TOO CUTE to resist!

• They have me soo "wrapped" it's pitiful…Especially the girl...Tim

• Aww too cute !!! phoenix does the same thing i always think when i look at him doing that if only he could speak english i think he would be saying something like ….. Mom please i've been a good boy can i have some ??? then after about 10 seconds it would start to get louder with MOM PLEASE ??? then finally when he relizes he aint getting any he would do the ..... I SAID PLEASE FINE I'M LEAVING .... LOL LOL 🙂

• Oh, this is cute…but we don't allow it in our house.
    Before you think I am mean, its really the only rule we have.
    We got a plant mist type squirt gun and when they come close to the table, they get wet.
    Its tough love for about 2-3 days.
    BUT they do get it...
    now if they forget, we pick up the mister and the dogs see it, shake like they have been squirted and check each other for the dreaded WATER...
    But they do go lay down.
    Once someone gets up with a plate, the dogs come in and get to lick the plates clean. we often leave them a bit so they are happy.
    If you want to have a meal without feeling your starving your b...the above works...

• Hey….
    Thats My Dog!!!
    Wait a minute!!
    Hahahahaha
    Mine do that too!
    LOL

• Oh, I hope you all don't think I am being critical…
    I just wanted to share the above info if you find the "begging" gets to be too much.
    really, it very cute, to see in photos..just a bit tougher when your trying to eat and talk to your hubby.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Oh, I hope you all don't think I am being critical…
    I just wanted to share the above info if you find the "begging" gets to be too much.
    really, it very cute, to see in photos..just a bit tougher when your trying to eat and talk to your hubby.

I agree, we don't even allow dogs in the dining room when we are eating. They go lie in the living room where they can see us, but not bother us, until we are done!

• Ours beg a bit..as we have gotten older and gotten rather lax! Like Sharron, we give them some after we are done, not during the meal, and they lie under the table and wait. They telepathically know when we are finished and stand up and start to pace. If we aren't quick enough, we don't get that gentle nose on the thigh…we get the claw raked down the shin!

Anne in Tampa

• EL D doesn't beg - at least not like that. However, if he really wants something he'll just jump straight up in the air 😃 (I tried taking a picture but wasn't successful) and keeps jumping about 4 or 5 times until it sinks in that he isn't getting what he wants.

• Born survivors, they are! It tickles when they put their soft fuzzy chin on a bare leg? Hard to resist. When Daisy knows there are morsels of our dinner in her bowl, as I carry it to her spot, sometimes she jumps so high, nearly knocking it all out of the bowl. When she does that, she MUST sit before I set it down. Drives her crazy.

• Lol…we allow it sort of. Indy sits about 6ft from you and just stares. He is a statue. So we ignore him and eat and clean the plates and he gets nothing. I am not really sure what he is thinking...but thats what we do.

Suggested Topics