Skip to content

New baby sister (actually daughter!)

Show Off Your Dog
  • Hi All,

    It has been a looooong time since I posted. Sherri and I were owners of Shaun and Mbali in Seattle. Shaun was a champion around 2010 or so in Washington state.

    Shaun just turned 16 and is doing great. Sadly we lost Mbali to cancer last fall, shortly before her 15th birthday.

    We spent a few months recovering from the loss before mentioning it to Shaun’s breeder. She offered us a 4-year-old female that she was not going to breed. The main reason is that little Karma is Shaun’s daughter! All of this was a total surprise and happened very quickly. Karma is slowly settling in to her new life as a pampered house pet.

    We have had a couple of scares with the clasp on Karma’s leash failing so we are researching the best option for a Basenji proof leash/collar/clasp system. Will start a separate thread on that.

    Here is a very recent photo of Karma and Shaun at Doe Bay on Orcas Island (Washington state)…

    IMG_3194 Medium.jpeg

Suggested Topics

  • Maya's New Baby Chihuahua

    Show Off Your Dog
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    nobarkusN
    @Maya: The third pic was when Maya was washing Lexi's ears. She has an obsession with ears :D My Basenji has an obsession with ears….mine! :D
  • Seti's New Sister!

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    KitKatK
    You have to cuties.:)
  • Spoiled pup.. new coat and a new collar..

    Show Off Your Dog
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    JannekeJ
    @Beckis: No, I have not seen the leash. My money are already gone… ;) I have the same problem :D :D I got an email from DG this morning that the collar is on its way.. can't wait! Love the collars Irena!
  • My New Baby…

    Show Off Your Dog
    38
    0 Votes
    38 Posts
    21k Views
    nala121498N
    Glad to hear all went well and I'm sure she will settle in soon…looking forward to the pictures! I hope you can get some sleep soon!
  • New Pics in a new home

    Show Off Your Dog
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Otis, or should I saw my Dachshund Gus, thinks stuffing is unnatural…the animals should be sold without them, and squikers (SP?) too. Both of them love the animals once they are limp, unstuffed, just the stuffed animal skin...that is when they are the best..In Otis' and Gus' humble opinion..
  • My Baby

    Show Off Your Dog
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    K
    No, not Maya, never. :D Hey, I'd be watching that intently too!