• Once again, Robyn of Sherwood Basenjis opened her house to us today. We took Booger so she could stack him, watch him gaiting & point out his good points & weak features. He tolerated her poking & prodding with only a little grumbling & lots of resistance. Here are the pics we managed to get of him stacked.

Zip, Lola & Booger tired out after an afternoon of modeling & photo sessions.

At the end of the day, we came home & made birthday cake… Booger & Lola offering their professional assistance.

*** I tried to edit these photos & save them on photobucket… I tried to crop down the ones of Booger stacked & rotated the last one... but I'm computer stupid! Sorry. ***

• Awesome pics. How tall/heavy is booger? He looks big in the pic but that might just be the close up.

Hope you have fun with both of them.

• VERY Hansome Boy! Best of Luck to you and Booger.

• Not sure on Booger's height, but he is big. He's about 28 pounds right now. (We're trying to take off about a half pound or so) Also, Lola is only 17 pounds so next to her he looks even bigger.

• He is a great looking dog! 🙂

• What a handsome guy! 🙂

• We didn't measure but "eyeballing" him, I would say between 18" - 18 1/2" tall.

By the way…how did the muscadine cake turn out?

• So what sort of crituqe did you come up with on the boy stacked and moving. We can see the stacked pix but obviously not the moving - what did everyone think?

• @YodelDogs:

We didn't measure but "eyeballing" him, I would say between 18" - 18 1/2" tall.

By the way…how did the muscadine cake turn out?

….and what the hell is a muscadine cake?.... Grapes????

Great pics. Thanks. I just have pets and only know the basics (an "Iggy"with no remorse:p ) The finer points are beyond me. Back, shoulder, pasterns, neck, head, tail set...etc...

It would be nice to know the finer points when the next televised dog show is on (Westminster, Krufts, even a Eukanuba or Animal Planet sponsored shows) Like I said, we get the basics and understand the language, but for us visual learners, the details are beyond us unless there is a comparative analysis. Could you picture post 2 dogs and post the differences?

• Muscadines come from the grape family and grow in the south. I LOVE them! Carrie and I picked them the last couple of times we hiked Kennesaw Mountain. Robyn, the cake turned out awesome! We made it with a pound cake mold and used the juice to make a glaze. The recipe called for the whole muscadine folded into the dough…so good. We only missed a couple seeds....haha.

And snorky, yes they are grapes but the hulls are much thicker so when you find them in a cake or a muffin they resemble cranberries in texture.

• Beautiful Basenjis.

Yumm…muscadine cake! I'd love that recipe. There is also muscadine wine that is devine...a little sweet, but sooo good.

• @mauigirl:

Muscadines come from the grape family and grow in the south. I LOVE them! Carrie and I picked them the last couple of times we hiked Kennesaw Mountain. Robyn, the cake turned out awesome! We made it with a pound cake mold and used the juice to make a glaze. The recipe called for the whole muscadine folded into the dough…so good. We only missed a couple seeds....haha.

And snorky, yes they are grapes but the hulls are much thicker so when you find them in a cake or a muffin they resemble cranberries in texture.

Muscadine wine from Mississippi is the ONLY wine REALLY worth drinking, IMO!:D

• Did you save a piece of cake for me? 😃

• I'll try to rely to everybody's posts all at once….

Robyn said Booger's movement was decent. I think his back legs were a little too close if I remember correctly.
    We, too, have pets.... we're thinking about getting into the show aspect, so we've been badgering Robyn with all sorts of questions. She's trying to teach us all of those things about movement & lines, how to show, etc. So maybe by next spring we'll be able to start going to shows... but we just want to do it for fun for now.
    Muscadine cake was great. Super easy to make... I just did a google search for muscadine recipes & found a lot of stuff. The cake was just 1 box of white cake mix, some oil, eggs, muscadines cooked in water. We cooked it in a Bundt form.
    Robyn, didn't manage to save any, but if muscadines are still in season when I return home, perhaps a cake is in order to thank you for helping us out so much!

• Ok can I get a show of hands, who thinks Carrie ("Andrew") is CRAZY for being on the forum while she's in ENGLAND?!?!?!? We'll be here when you get back (promise!) go have fun!!!!!!!!

Suggested Topics