• Friends came over yesterday and we did a photo shoot. This is Bindi, Sherwood's Something Special. She is 2 1/2 years old and is a littermate to Arlene's Sugar and the same parents as Pat's Cory.

• Lovely girl! Beautiful face!

• She look really nice Robyn

• Bindi looks really good. She doesn't look like she misses Cory even one little bit! 😃

Let me see if I understand this right: Bindi and Sugar are littermates and they have the same parents as Cory. Sugar was tested and is Probably Clear for Fanconi. Therefore, Bindi and Cory have to also be clear. Correct?? Larry and I were discussiing that the other day and it seemed to me that if Sugar is clear, we don't need to have Cory tested. Am I correct or is there a flaw to my logic?

Pat

• @BasenjiDiva:

Bindi looks really good. She doesn't look like she misses Cory even one little bit! 😃

Let me see if I understand this right: Bindi and Sugar are littermates and they have the same parents as Cory. Sugar was tested and is Probably Clear for Fanconi. Therefore, Bindi and Cory have to also be clear. Correct?? Larry and I were discussiing that the other day and it seemed to me that if Sugar is clear, we don't need to have Cory tested. Am I correct or is there a flaw to my logic?

Pat

There is no clear by parents as this is a linkage test and not a direct test. A Probably Clear can come from a Clear/Carrier or a Carrier/Carrier

• You would need to know the parents' results in order to know what the the offspring might be. Like Rally tested Probably Clear and Avongara Cole tested Probably Clear so all their offspring ought to test Probably Clear. So far 2 have been tested and are both Probably Clear just as expected.

• @BasenjiDiva:

Bindi looks really good. She doesn't look like she misses Cory even one little bit! 😃

Pat

I will email you a chart of which dogs will be tested and their relationship to one another.

• It would be a good idea to test Cory anyway. This will reinforce the lineage. I will be testing Shadow as well. Shadow is neutered, but it goes back into the line pattern. I went to a blood draw and had his blood taken, so I just have to send in the request now. Is it important? Probably not to a lot of people, but I want to have my own peace of mind, and this reinforces what Robyn has been striving to achieve-health! Shadow is brother to Sugar's sire, by the way.

Suggested Topics