• This is Raven, she is a retired show ring dog, she just didn't like to show and would rather be home in her yard with her pack buddies. Raven is a Kisa kennel dog, bred by our dear friend Kim Byrd. Raven is the smallest of all our dogs, tiny compared to the more Africans. Raven is the only one of our six that we didn't get as a pup, she was 9 months when she arrived. Raven and Penny are the same age and are buds!

Stay tuned for the last two…..the Pups.:)

• All your B's are gorgeous! They're very lucky to have such nice humans like you. Thanks for sharing your photos.:)

• @Duke:

All your B's are gorgeous! They're very lucky to have such nice humans like you. Thanks for sharing your photos.:)

Why thank You, we love them all very much….....if I could, I'd have 50 of them:eek:

I'll try to get pics of the last two up today sometime.;)

• What beauties you have… If i had that yard it would be destroyed ...Sandie has torn up all my plants i had in back yard...Now its her DOMAIN and bare..

• They all are SO beautiful. You are indeed brave and lucky to have so many. My husband says that Nala our B, "cured" us – she's our first AND LAST! (sniff sniff) Hopefully in many, many years when she is gone, I can convince him otherwise.

• @nala121498:

You are indeed brave and lucky to have so many.

We've had some interesting moments. They run our house in two packs of three, with Penny somehow being able to go back and forth with each pack.
    The packs are seperated for the most part, but they do run together at times in the yard, supervised of course.;) We have two yards and lot's of gates to close off rooms to keep them seperated. Believe it or not, our dogs are in crates for only about two hours a day. Both our son's 21 & 26 years, still live with us…..that really helps.

We would like to think we're nuts....I don't think I will ever be without a Basenji.

• LOVE the avatar…very clever!

• Yes - Love your avator pic - very clever! 😃

They run our house in two packs of three, with Penny somehow being able to go back and forth with each pack.

I'm a little confused, because you have 6, but how many males & females in each pack? Just curious - Do they get along most of the time? Is there is an established alpha male/female in each pack? What an orchestra you have to lead. Bravo! 🙂

• @Duke:

Yes - Love your avator pic - very clever! 😃

I'm a little confused, because you have 6, but how many males & females in each pack? Just curious - Do they get along most of the time? Is there is an established alpha male/female in each pack? What an orchestra you have to lead. Bravo! 🙂

The africans are just different IMO, if by size if nothing else, so that's where it starts. Max and Cleo and Penny….each about two years apart, Max being the oldest. Cleo runs the show with those two and all of the Dogs when they're all together.

The second pack is run by Raven, with Willy and Jasper as her boy toys. We got Raven when she was 9 months, and Cleo never really accepted her, and the size difference is a factor…..they got into too many fights.
    Now Raven has her own pack, but seems to understand Cleo is still in charge of the whole group. All of the dogs are either spayed or neutered except Willy and Jasper.....that helps!
    Willy and Jasper both show so they have to remain in tact;) , so some testosterone levels may be a problem down the line and we may have to seperate them at times. It's too early to tell which one will be the alpha male in Ravens pack, right now I'd almost say Jasper....he's pretty pushy.:)

Suggested Topics