• I have received all of Sugar's test results back. 🙂 Sherwoods Something Sweet:
    Fanconi results-Probably Clear/Normal
    OFA hips-Good
    Eyes have been tested

Sugar will be bred to Can/Nat/Int Ch Mankia's Kero Matata. While Sugar HATES to show (honestly, as soon as she knows she's being looked at she throws a hissy fit and pretends she's the worst thing in the world) (Pat-you may remember from the National at RI she was sleeping on the stand) She has some very good points. Kero is still showing in the US at 9 years of age and is winning. We should have reds and tri's out of this litter. Thank you again Robyn for all your help!:D

• Oh Congrats on the results Arlene. Cant wait to hear how it all goes for you…do keep us updated. 🙂

• I will keep you updated. Thank you. As Lisa said, I'm getting excited now!

• Just an update here, Sugar has been bred and, hopefully, if all goes well the first due date is Dec. 24. We did three breedings, 23 min, 21 min, and 18 min. Sugar is showing some possessive signs so I'm hopeful the breeding took. The only thing I was concerned about is Kero's age (he's nine), but he is a proven stud. It also looks like I will probably take a trip down to Robyn's in the spring with the puppies, (again hopefully) so we can evaluate them together.

• @nomrbddgs:

Just an update here, Sugar has been bred and, hopefully, if all goes well the first due date is Dec. 24. We did three breedings, 23 min, 21 min, and 18 min. Sugar is showing some possessive signs so I'm hopeful the breeding took. The only thing I was concerned about is Kero's age (he's nine), but he is a proven stud. It also looks like I will probably take a trip down to Robyn's in the spring with the puppies, (again hopefully) so we can evaluate them together.

9 is young… so don't worry about that age.... I bred Mickii to a 14 yr old (live cover) and we had 4 pups....

• When I had Nicky collected at 7 years old they said his semen quality was what they would have expected from a 3 year old. They also kept asking me if I was sure he wasn't really only 3 years old since there was no way he looked 7.

• Well, I'm worried and I'm not-guess I'm too excited and have the 'can't wait' syndrome. Her waist is 14" I've been checking since the first breeding. As soon as it starts to expand I'll probably be skipping in the aisles.

• @nomrbddgs:

Well, I'm worried and I'm not-guess I'm too excited and have the 'can't wait' syndrome. Her waist is 14" I've been checking since the first breeding. As soon as it starts to expand I'll probably be skipping in the aisles.

Honestly, on my maiden bitches, I never really noticed much of a difference between their girth until after 4wks or so. Are you doing an ultrasound at 30 days?

• I don't think I will-simply because she gets easily, EASILY stressed. I definitely don't want a spontaneous abortion-been there, done that. I've already talked to the vet and he was not to worried about it either. He knows she stresses easily.

• Sugar at 51 days. She's lost her tuck up, but that's about it. Unfortunately, I can't add a picture!

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg329/shadow_brat/

• Can you feel them moving?

• Are you going to have her xrayed? It is always good to know how many you are expecting, especially if there are problems…

She looks pretty small (hard to tell in that picture) for 51 days... but some maiden bitches don't get to big. You should really start to see a big change in the next week ...

• Just started feeling the moving, Lisa. She is very firm, but as said she is a maiden bitch.

Pat, I'm not going to have her x-rayed. I'm more concerned with her comfort that dragging her off to the vets and stressing her. She doesn't even like being put in the whelping area. Even though she'll sleep on the bed. It's day 58 and she's pretty well filled out. Her rib area has sprung wider and she's very full underneath. She is standing with her legs back and apart, so I know she has some puppies in there. I figure within the next 3 or 4 days she'll fill out further sideways. She seems to carry more downward than out. She had a great tuck up-very high and tight. She can't curl very well anymore either. I'll try to get a better pic within the next few days. With her first due date being the 24th, I still have a range as technically she could go up to Dec 31 without being late. Kero wasn't very interested in the last breeding though so I'm leaning towards the first or second due date.

• I can hardly wait for photos of the pups.

• Rally never showed much interest in her whelping box. The others in the house liked it quite a bit when the warming mat was turned on. She had no problem with it once the puppies were born but would pretty much just walk in turn around and leave until then.

Good luck with whelping it is a crazy day.

• Lisa and Pat, I just added some updated photos of her belly here:

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg329/shadow_brat/

Lisa, how did you transfer the image? I've tried but can't figure it out.

• Photobucket gives an img code you can copy for each pic.

• She definately looks more pregnant in these photos.

• Yes, they were taken this am. Thanks, Lisa, I had to try it!

Suggested Topics