Skip to content

Sleepy Puppy….

Behavioral Issues

Suggested Topics

  • My vet says my puppy is too aggressive

    Behavioral Issues
    51
    0 Votes
    51 Posts
    20k Views
    helle deviH
    @giira2121 as @donc said First off, if a vet thinks neutering will change aggressive behavior you should look for a new vet. That is such a discredited myth. If she doesn't know that what else doesn't she know? When considering whether to neuter, I'd suggest you check out the link below. It has scientific research to dispel many neutering myths. It's a brief but very thorough booklet discussing the pros and cons of neutering/spaying, more science based than anecdotal. https://my.puppyculture.co.uk/resources/flipbook/spay-neuter-booklet/ There is definitely less societal compulsion to spay/neuter in Europe.
  • Help! Puppy that screams in the car..

    Behavioral Issues
    24
    2 Votes
    24 Posts
    10k Views
    B
    Thank you all for your replies. Today was a liiiiiiittle bit better than the previous car rides we have done with him. Not constant screaming. But he still screams, and it’s a scream that can make ears bleed... But anyway, a little better today. He lied down and stayed quiet for about 5-10 minutes of the 20 minute ride. On the way home. Hopefully if we keep up with daily car rides where he always gets his toys and treats with him, and as long as we go someplace fun every time this will help getting him calmer in the car. I will also try the Rescue Remedy, it can’t hurt I guess :)
  • Introducing other dogs (puppies) to my B

    Behavioral Issues
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    eeeefarmE
    On feeding, when I had multiple dogs I always did the same as Zande, all dogs fed at the same time, although not always the same place. When the weather was nice I sometimes fed outside. But wherever, I sat and supervised until everyone was finished. I had one who would try to poach if not watched, but she knew better than to make a move with me sitting there. Never had a serious fight with any of mine, and never a disagreement over food, but a breeder I know had to permanently separate two bitches who hated each other and would fight instantly if they had the opportunity....the cause of their dislike had nothing to do with food and everything to do with one bitch interfering with the other one's pups.
  • My puppy is Not eating - help!

    Behavioral Issues
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    basenji_fanB
    I will second everyone else and just go down to the two meals a day. You can give her a mid day snack like a few cookies. But her poos can be soft because she is eating to much food and causing the slight weight loss because it is just coming out LOL Also like most, my adult only eats 2/3 of a cup a day. With the amount on the bags they are just "recommend" amounts. You have to adjust to what is best for your pup/dog and feed them what works to keep them at an ideal weight.
  • My puppy is no longer a puppy.

    Behavioral Issues
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    11k Views
    renaultf1R
    @tanza: So you think…ggg.... I will be waiting to here what happens when you put panties on your girl.... go out and come home.... Tea Tree Oil or not...:rolleyes: LOL, took the words right out of my mouth…we want pictures of how the panties look after you leave her with them on and you're not around to watch her. :D :D :D With Ruby, anyone I talked to about the panties said, skip it because they'll get shredded and clean up after her...so that was what I did. Wasn't really a big deal. I have wood floors, area rugs that are easily washed, and blankets I put on the furniture. :D And with Ruby, I know exactly how it would have gone w/panties (not good) just based on how she was about me checking that area to see if she was bleeding.
  • Puppy now or puppy later??

    Behavioral Issues
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    C
    Here they are… [image: PA010159.jpg]