Does anyone on this list have any experience with this parasite? I have recently been switching him over to a BARF diet.
I had to take Toby to the veterinary college yesterday for an emergency visit. During the night Thursday Toby woke me up with whining, banging and rattling his collar. I found him stuck under a chair in the bedroom and when I got him untangled, he continued to move around in circles. My first thoughts were some kind of nerve poison but after watching him awhile, he seemed to have gone blind suddenly.
My vet sent me straight over to the Veterinärhochschule in Hannover where we spent most of the day. He was seen by the ophthalmologist, the neurologist, the cardiologist, had lots of blood taken, x-rays, an echo cardiogram, an mri, a spinal tap, and I don't remember what else! He was very well taken care of. The final diagnosis is nerve damage that is causing his optic nerve to malfunction, and some nerve damage that is causing difficulty in walking. There is no tumor or infection so we currently have a mystery.
They kept him overnight to perform more tests; it's already after noon here and they haven't called yet. While waiting I am (naturally) trying to second guess and doing amateur research on the net. Any help will be appreciated.:(