Skip to content

Test strip question for fanconi..

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    10k Views
    RivermoonR
    I use the Clinistix because to me there was a more drastic change in the colors. There's only 3 color variations and it goes from pink to purple..not green to a little darker green in the first color change.
  • Fanconi test - how long

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    wizardW
    No the parents were not. Most of her dogs that have been tested have been negative for fanconi so I figure my chances are good that EL D will be fine.
  • Fanconi DNA Test

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    tanzaT
    @Mia: I don't know who her grandparents are, how would I find that out (website)? I have the registration #'s for both her parents. You can order a pedigree from AKC, www.akc.org and then go to the store link. You can order it on line as an electronic file for 10.00. Most breeders give you an extended pedigree?
  • Testing Strips

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    And remember everyone, they really do go bad, so please do not use them past the date….. if there are some of you that live close or even you could do it by mail, you might think about sharing the strips instead of just tossing them
  • Fanconi Question

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    E
    Thank you for all the information. I am going to a dog show in Springfield, Illinois next weekend to meet some dogs from Meiterhaus (Tad Brooks). This makes me feel alot more comfortable. :D
  • Fanconi Test Question

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Did you enter him on the CPP site? If the blood was received it will be marked there. They do not send any notice that it was received. But interesting that the ck was not cashed yet… could be that it has not been recorded yet since you did send on a Thursday to arrive on Friday... and Monday was a holiday