Skip to content

M/F combinations?

Basenji Talk
  • @Porthos:

    ok, the reason I was telling her "Pretty Girl" was because that has always been the only way to get her to "talk" and that is what I was trying to do, but I definitely agree that I was in the wrong at that point. He is very persistent when it comes to aggravating her. I have noticed that sometimes she will back down, is she losing her dominance? and one last question, should I intervene when she fights him to take the toy that he is playing with?

    IMO, no… I would not intervene

  • Thanks for the advice… And pointing out the error in my ways

Suggested Topics

  • Raw chicken/meat

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    ZandeZ
    @heavenpups said in Raw chicken/meat: Yes, they could but sometimes it would depend on your dog if they want raw. In my case, they don't so I have to bake it for 15-20 minutes. Cooked chicken bones splinter. I would be very careful about baking them for any length of time.
  • Digital 12/20/96 - 8/1613

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    10k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Just seeing this, not sure how I missed it but I am so sorry. Yes, blessed with nearly 16 yrs… but that's more years to leave a bigger hole in your heart.
  • Bringing home our B 3/9/2012

    Basenji Talk
    56
    0 Votes
    56 Posts
    33k Views
    Chealsie508C
    Ready to commit myself!!! Hahaha.. Alleycat- so incredibly adorable, I love the look on his face in the first one…might be a hint of mischief in there?! Lol The little black and white bundles get me everytime! I fell in love with breed and wanted a red and white...but after receiving Oakley...it's hard not to have the black and whites melt me. Take lots of pics, it goes by quicker than I remember thinking it would. Love his wide white stripe and his little white mitten foot in the back...he looks overall to be a "cool, laid back type"?! Perhaps it's because I was so used to the panic look as Oakley was panicked by many things back then!
  • Schultz Seminar 10/10/10–Bloomington, IL

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    Kris_ChristineK
    Reminder, seminar coming up.
  • Obedience/socializing

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    meaghanmplattM
    Wow Quercus…that is sooo helpful! Thank you so much for searching that for me!!! I appreciate it so much....if you ever fly into Pittsburgh....you have a place to stay :)
  • I'm back!

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    firefoxkatanF
    indeed, thanks everyone! I'm just so happy I can finally have Bindi time :3 she's been going outside everyday, I catch her as she looks like she's about to, she even goes to the door on her own now and whines a little <3 yay! unlike before she's just go where ever because the other dogs did, she's got bigger dogs to play with now who are way better behaved she's got tones of room, her own toys, and she can just chill if she wants I'm still braking her of going on the couch, she mostly does it when I leave the room to get food or go to the bathroom, same with the bed it's mostly my fault because I left something where she can get it or the cat jumps up to get away from her lol they are so cute together ~Kat