• Your right…squirrel trumps wet grass!!

• And bunnies trump squirrels.

• The other morning Bitty was going crazy at the front door, she had already been out for her morning stroll so I couldn't figure out what was the problem. But since she has already started my training I put her lead on her and opened the door to take her out. She immediately boltted out the door, had never seen her move that fast, and chased 2 deer off of the front lawn. Thank god I had a good hold of the lead.

• Man! mine love to chase deer too…I don't know what they're thinking. What would they do if one turned on them? Run away, of course!!!:D

• I took jack out when we were visiting friends, and there was a bunny in their back yard. The bunny saw jack and immediately froze. Jack saw the bunny and froze as well. Then Jack slowly started backing up, away from the bunny. The bunny saw that and thought- oh this dog is a wimp, and hopped a long his merry way. Yeah, my dog is afraid of big bad cottontail!

• If it rains all day and they do not go out, we will usually wait fo r alittel break and then jump up and yell, "who wants to go potty!" this gets them so excited they usualyl will go outside before they realize it is wet and then go on to do their business while out. We struggled for a long time before realizeing the excitment was the key.

• I've found that Mya is quite possibly the smartest dog I've ever had. Is it possible to toilet train her???? LOL! :rolleyes:

• Hey I know what day what you are talking about. It rained all day and into the night. Trixie starting running around the house like a crazy dog, it was about 9:30 PM. I had to go get the umbrella, pick her up and carry her outside. She ran under a tree and did her business! She was so happy after that, she hates the rain!!!!! Guess we picked a bad place to live since in the summer it rains every day!

• Jackpot was NOT happy this morning when we took him out and we had blowing snow here in Denver. He kept trying to eat the snow but whent he wind started picking up and blowing the snow around he was trying to run back in the house (wouldn't go potty)…looks like he'll be trying to hold it till the snow stops blowing LOL These little dogs crack me up!

• Since being with basenji's I have become amazed at their holding ability. Even with a leash ours won't go. We both get soaked and nothing accomplished. I used tp worry all that holding was unhealthy but it seems to be the basenji way. As soon as the sun arrives they go and go. If we have days of rain they will go under a tree. I keep telling them they will be much more comfortable with a empty bladder. I should have such holding ability Ha Ha. I swear they watch the morning weather report and if there is rain they say we'll maybe go tomorrow.

• Kip doesn't mind the rain at all, he loves the snow! too bad I live in england he might not see it again 😞 any way back on topic… Kip doesn't like the bath (well no surprise there I don't know a dog that does like the bath) but he loves going and swimming in the pond at the park and he doesn't seem to mind the rain at all

Suggested Topics