Skip to content

Ear licking

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Puppy Ear Build-up?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    D
    @elbrant That's good to know! We are in Kansas where pollen and allergies are rampant lol, I am wondering more if that's what it is since the build-up isn't increasing very quickly at all. Seems to be worse after we spend a while outside.
  • Excessive licking

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    S
    Benedryl is heaven sent to my ichy boy… I keep plenty on hand.
  • Ears glued

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    P
    Am I alone in thinking the world has gone mad? What on earth was the vet thinking of? I trust you'll be looking for another vet? I wnt add further advice on removing glue - you've been given lots of good advice. I hope
  • Obsessively licking stomach raw

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    46k Views
    M
    thanks for the input from all. i am treating him with vet's + best for the hot spots. they and he seem to be getting better. he's working on terrorizing his 3rd ll bean bed as we speak. today's his 3rd birthday so he can do whatever he wants!!!
  • Those Basenji ears?!?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    BarklessdogB
    Our red girl dog has the same problem. Freaks out when you touch her ears with a swab, but loves the inside of her ears rubbed when petting her. You know the two handed ear & cheek rub. That gave me an idea!. I found some real soft white - tight gardening gloves (unused), gave her an ear massage and cleaned her ears out. it worked well. I was extra careful not to push the dirt down her ears, but did kind of a wiping motion out and away from her inner ears. She loved it!
  • Ears standing up

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    14k Views
    T
    You can go to the AKC website - www.akc.org - and look under Registration. They should give you all relevant info. Terry