New Africans at Basenji Park

• The tri is amazing in his markings I'm not sure about his build though?

• @DiegosMom:

Are basenjis found in many different parts of africa or just certain select areas??

You will find a "big" difference of opinion on that 😞 … that is why I have said that I have seen some of these dogs that were brought in and "claimed" to be Basenjis... and again, I would say NOT even close.... For me, I say only certain areas.... maybe at one time many different parts, but those have now had the influence of the outside world and different dogs.. which have became what I call a "village dog"... and not a true Basenji with Breed type.

• @Barklessdog:

The tri is amazing in his markings I'm not sure about his build though?

I think he will have a lovely build.. might be a bit on the "slight" side… but still way to young to tell... and as an addition to the breeding stock what a great find provided all the health testing proves out.

• As they are both coming to sweden is Mia Lowbeer of the Yulara kennels keeping both of them? I went on her homepage and there she and her husband were posing with the littleone´s.

• @myran:

As they are both coming to sweden is Mia Lowbeer of the Yulara kennels keeping both of them? I went on her homepage and there she and her husband were posing with the littleone´s.

Yes, she is as far as I know…. and she waited years and years to make this trip!

• Oh i´m so glad for her sake this was a dream come true and she´s been breeding them for decades.They will have so much fun at their private island in the finnish archipelago.I can´t wait to see them IRL hopefully they´ll be coming to the swedish basenji speciality 🙂

• I hope more folks will take these dogs into their breeding programs.
    Its such an exciting time for basenji owners.

• Oh, wow! Welcome Angali and Asuma!! It's not often we get to meet B ambassadors :p … Keep us posted as they grow... They are so cute!!!

• @Basenji_Boy:

The folks that went to Africa to get these and some other pups, spent eight days in the jungle…..they paid $6.00 for each.

QUOTE]

$6.00? $6.00?

• When breeders go over to Africa to get dogs, who do they work with? Do they have contacts in africa that help them? how do they know where to go to get basenjis. this whole process is very very interesting to me.. i know a handful of people that live in different parts of africa, so just wondering a little more about it..

• Is the r & w's toe nails black? I wasn't sure if it was just the photo or if they really were.

• @tanza:

You will find a "big" difference of opinion on that 😞 … that is why I have said that I have seen some of these dogs that were brought in and "claimed" to be Basenjis... and again, I would say NOT even close.... For me, I say only certain areas.... maybe at one time many different parts, but those have now had the influence of the outside world and different dogs.. which have became what I call a "village dog"... and not a true Basenji with Breed type.

I thought they were found primarily in the Congo region and that's why they are sometimes called, "Congo Dogs".

No?

• The ones that Jon has brought back are basically from the same region and I believe (Lisa jump in here as you are more up on this than me) from the upper Congo area, something in me wants to say near Sudan?… and I know that Dr. Jo did post where the ones that she brought back were from, in fact, CarolAnn, I know you are on here sometimes... you can weigh in..?...

• @ChaseandZahrasmom:

Is the r & w's toe nails black? I wasn't sure if it was just the photo or if they really were.

I have reds with black toenails…. not all the nails, but some of them... and mine are all American Breds.

• Does anyone know how many are going to be coming back from this next trip?

• @sharronhurlbut:

Does anyone know how many are going to be coming back from this next trip?

What next trip? This was the trip that Jon just took. Sounds like they brought 6, these two that are going to Sweden. Jon and Tonda have the other 4. Now Dr. Jo is still there and not expected till end of the month, I think…

• Yes, and isn't she going to bring back some more??

• Tell her I have $6!!!!!! LOL!
    @sharronhurlbut:

Yes, and isn't she going to bring back some more??

They are so beautiful

• I'll try to update on this thread.

The sun came out later in the day and got warmer….the pup's liked that, being out with the big kids.

Greetings from Basenji Park😃 🆒

• Totally Cool photos!
    Thanks for sharing.

Suggested Topics