Haven't been on this site in a while

• Just wanted to say HI to everyone again…...I have a 16 month old Basenji her name is Cali. I have posted on this site before and a member.

update on Cali.....she is a female brindel basenji, weights about 17 pounds and from floor to bottom of neck on back side she is about 16 inches in height.

i will have some updated pics of her soon.

• Welcome back to the forum.:)
    I also have a Cali though she is a r&w and her son Kwame who is also a r&w.

• cool …..I got cali when she was dec. of 2006...she had brother and sister when I went to look at her...she was the shy one....boy did she come out her shell......LOL she is far from shy....she is great though, was thinking about getting another one..not sure yet.

• Its always more fun to have 2 b's.
    They keep each other company and can play together.
    Welcome.

• Welcome back, fellow Mata Hauri B and New Englander! How was your first year with Cali?

• Hi Nala Cali been great for her first year, only 1 issue with her is the create she just doesn't like it, to this day. other than that she is great…..no messes in the house.....once in a great while she will put her nose in the trash thats about it.......

• @Mark1491:

Hi Nala Cali been great for her first year, only 1 issue with her is the create she just doesn't like it, to this day. other than that she is great…..no messes in the house.....once in a great while she will put her nose in the trash thats about it.......

She might do better with the crate if she had a companion 🙂 Is she your only dog? I think I see another one in your avatar. If so, do they both get crated by each other? I have always thought that Bs do better when they have constant companionship–either canine or human....

• Nali ….... the other dog in the pictures is my girlfiends boxer and we don't live together so its just Cali and I

• @Mark1491:

Hi Nala Cali been great for her first year, only 1 issue with her is the create she just doesn't like it, to this day. other than that she is great…..no messes in the house.....once in a great while she will put her nose in the trash thats about it.......

Nala was never really fond of her crate either. It got bettter with age. There are some great threads about starting from scratch with crate training.
    Cali sounds like a sweet, well behaved B though! Another might be nice for her…a male, though would probably be best. Let us know what you decide!

Suggested Topics