14 yr old senior in SoCal needs a home

• I just received this info from So Cal Basenji Rescue–this poor little 14 yr old needs a home:

This little basenji mix girl is currently at the East Valley Shelter on Vanown in Van Nuys. Her owner died and there was nobody to take her. She was born 10/10/1993 and has been at the shelter since 12/21/07. Her name is Trixie, she is in kennel #9 and her id number is A128894. She is spayed and a sweetheart. She is in a kennel with other dogs and seems not to have any issues with them.

If you can help this baby out or know of anyone who can please contact the shelter and let them know. She was a one owner dog until the owners death.

• I just read on another list that a home has been found, and a 'hold' has been put on her, to be picked up very soon. Hooray!

Anne in Tampa

• Oh yay! This story really struck my heart; poor old girl. I'm glad she may have found her new forever home!

• @MacPack:

I just read on another list that a home has been found, and a 'hold' has been put on her, to be picked up very soon. Hooray!

Anne in Tampa

That is wonderful news. Do you know if it's definite and where she'll be going?

• @MaxBooBooBear:

That is wonderful news. Do you know if it's definite and where she'll be going?

It is, but they are still looking for transportation as the person that is taking her is up in the Redding Ca area… she takes "elders" many times and has the room that they can live out the rest of their years with peace and happiness.

• @tanza:

It is, but they are still looking for transportation as the person that is taking her is up in the Redding Ca area… she takes "elders" many times and has the room that they can live out the rest of their years with peace and happiness.

I heard from Karen at SoCal Basenji Rescue that they have little Trixie at their shelter, and transportation has been arranged to get her up to Redding. I'm so glad she found a home so quickly. I can't imagine what it must be like to be without a home at that age…..

• Oh yay - happy days!

Suggested Topics