Skip to content

How old?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Whiney 3 Year Old

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Just as likely... could be bitch nearby who is in heat. Do you have close neighbors with bitches?
  • Sudden Seizure in 2yr old male tri

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    28k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I know they have found lower dosages work better for people, but not find much solid research on dosing for dogs for each disorder so I'd start low. However, I am impressed with the amt of vets endorsing it and studies. http://www.dogcancerblog.com/blog/more-melatonin-and-dog-cancer/ leading to this published on help with cancer survival: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10674014 Dr Dodman is a rock star: http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/3_5/features/Supplements-For-Anxious-Dogs_5095-1.html https://cvm.ncsu.edu/new-research-study-focuses-on-mysterious-eye-disease-in-dogs/ https://www.vetinfo.com/melatonin-supplements-for-dogs.html http://vcs.vetmed.wsu.edu/research/clinical-studies/melatonin
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    8k Views
    O
    Congrats on the newest member of your family! I have a Fanconi dog and part of the reason he has done so well is because strip testing caught it early. I'm sure your B will be fine and live a long, healthy life. Do post photos. :)
  • To Spay or Not to Spay 11 years old

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    @yag113: Exactly how I feel. Fortunately I love my vets, it's a husband and wife and they have come to know how I am and always work with me. I have 2 goats and the husband does farm calls. I feel very lucky. I always take the staff chocolates and snacks just in case I feel the need to get obnoxious about something…they will placate me! Thanks again for the input. I adore my dog and it's very cool to talk to people who love basenjis! Sounds like a great Vet practice!!! Let us know how the spay goes, I am sure she will do great!
  • 4 mo old shedding

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    @Ninabeana26: Yea no kidding! That's why I laughed when a couple months back I read that ad for the basenji puppies where it said "non-shedding, non-barking dog!!!" Yea frickin right! My work pants, sheets, sofa, air, etc beg to differ!!! The only part that is true is "no" doggy odor…