Skip to content

Baby Gates I don't use them

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Thanks everyone for your help!
  • Can't wait!

    Basenji Talk
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    21k Views
    tanzaT
    Chris has some very nice Basenjis. None of mine are related to hers, but you have a good breeder
  • New Basenji owners…...Don't be afraid!!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    17k Views
    MrBaRooampBittyM
    Ha ha ha , and just think it's only the beginning. We have discovered thar B's and Shiba Inu' s are all sisters's under the skin. Our 14yo Shiba, Sable, 5 yo B, Bitty,and the 2 yo B, Mr Baroo have tried their best to totally destroy our 3 cushion sofa, and 2 cushion love seat. They have torn the cover from all 4 arms and dug neat little nests in the center of all the cushions, just the right size for B's and Shiba's to curl up in. Karin says that if they ever grow out of it we are going to purchase a new living room set, but there dosent seem to be any chance of that happening any time soon.
  • Kipawa's first 'rehab' test

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    B
    I had nose surgery a few months ago and when I got home I was worried the dogs would be so excited and jump all on me, but it was crazy how mild mannered and dare I say tame/domesticated they were. I swear they knew I was hurt and gave me a day or so of good behavior. They are truly great dogs to own!
  • Don't let this happen to you

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    7k Views
    RivermoonR
    I'm glad everything turned out alright. A long time ago I remember hearing that and used it once with Dakota. It's hard NOT to chase after them and run in the opposite direction but it really does work. We put up a 4 foot wrought iron fence around the front yard. Mine are pretty good about staying in when the door is opened but I would never totally trust them. Hubby did once leave the door and the gate wide open and all three took off down the block. Luckily a neighbor had his dog out and used him as bait to get our three back.
  • B's & Horror Movies Don't Go Together!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    ELERICKSON40E
    I think I saw Sophie on a b video website and I was so glad that someone else's B made that noise I showed it to my husband and daughter. Thanks for posting that video because as a new B owner we thought we had some kind of devel dog!!! She does it the most to our oldest dog Josie. There are nights she even does it from under our covers in bed when she hears Josie moving out in the living room. Too Funny!!!!