Skip to content

I Just Adopted Mine

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Just adopted a 5 year old black and white basenji

    Member Introductions
    11
    2 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    ZandeZ
    That b/w is a man with attitude ! He'll survive - But talk to Steve Gonto - a great benefactor to our breed. I was delighted to meet him on a visit to our shores many years ago now.
  • Just a newbie

    Member Introductions
    7
    1 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    L
    Hi, thank you for all the warm welcome and good advice. It's good to know that Basenji personalities close to the cat's style. I'll read the articles later.
  • HELP !!! My b just bit me very aggressively

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    My first B started challenging at 16 months, we neutered him shortly after and it did seem to help a little. However it was only a small part of the solution not the whole solution. The closest thing to a magic solution is the excercise and mental stimulation. Basenjis are one of the most intelligent dogs and need more excercise and stimulation than most. I have generally found males to be much easier to work with and less aggressive than females. Correct discipline, structure, positive reinforcement, patience / stubbornness and enough excercise are the keys. Usually when people have problems with their dogs it is the humans which are the cause, not the dogs.
  • Hi All- just joined : )

    Member Introductions
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    19k Views
    Buddys PalB
    Welcome to the Forum! The pictures are very good close ups and show off the mirrors to the B's soul! Hope you get as much out of the forum as I did AFTER I adopted my first. Even as my second time around, I love hearing and learning more about how Basenjis rule! Sorry for your loss, but blessing to you and hugs to Star!
  • Just registered

    Member Introductions
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    11k Views
    G
    Thanks! I went to a Malinois & multi-breed forum and the general consensus is GS-Husky mix. I didn't realize H girls could be so small. Thanks, all for all the great feedback! Kate & Giselle
  • Just found this site!

    Member Introductions
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    11k Views
    Rita JeanR
    Welcome look forward to talking with you. Sure you can help a lot of us that have not had our B's very long. They are great. Rita Jean