• He's a cutie!

(Hey, we have that same windmill thingy!)

• Adorable. He looks very…. long.

• Cute, do you know for sure he is part Basenji?

• The simple answer is no, I don't know for sure. The clues that lead me to my assumption that he is are these:

1. He rakes his paws over his ears and down his muzzle. A lot.
    2. His curled tail, and wrinkled forehead have the right look, as well as his stance.
    3. He really wants to chase any moving target, like cars. But I have been working on him with that, so he doesn't, as long as I am around and attentive.
    4. He is a little aloof, and a little cautious around strangers.

• Another identifer - Has Scooter munched on your clothes, i.e. underwear - taken them from an open drawer or laundry basket and/or does he relish kleenex or toilet paper? Could be typical for many breeds, but irresistable for most B's.

BTW - I have 2 B mixes and welcome. Scooter is really cute! He's got the lab going for him. I see the little white tip on his tail and I think he's got the eyes too.

• @Scooter:

The simple answer is no, I don't know for sure. The clues that lead me to my assumption that he is are these:

1. He rakes his paws over his ears and down his muzzle. A lot.
    2. His curled tail, and wrinkled forehead have the right look, as well as his stance.
    3. He really wants to chase any moving target, like cars. But I have been working on him with that, so he doesn't, as long as I am around and attentive.
    4. He is a little aloof, and a little cautious around strangers.

He is very cute, but many dogs do these things… he looks more like a lab/maybe fox hound mix...

• @Duke:

Another identifer - Has Scooter munched on your clothes, i.e. underwear - taken them from an open drawer or laundry basket and/or does he relish kleenex or toilet paper? Could be typical for many breeds, but irresistable for most B's.

BTW - I have 2 B mixes and welcome. Scooter is really cute! He's got the lab going for him. I see the little white tip on his tail and I think he's got the eyes too.

LOL…that would be a perfect identifier and settle the question for sure 😃 😃 ...too funny!

• @Duke:

Another identifer - Has Scooter munched on your clothes, i.e. underwear - taken them from an open drawer or laundry basket and/or does he relish kleenex or toilet paper? Could be typical for many breeds, but irresistable for most B's.

Good point! Especially the underwear.

He is cute, and of course you are welcome here! He looks like he might have B in him…hard to tell.

• He is so handsome! Welcome (again)!

• I might be inclined to believe foxhound if he didn't weigh less than 40 lbs. That And neither a lab or a foxhound have a tail that goes straight up and curls over the back.

Whippet is a possibility, but again that doesn't explain the tail curling over the back. Granted his tail is longer and not as bushy as a pure Basenj, but then he isn't pure Basenji.

Pugs have a wrinkled forehead and a curled tail, but he has the longer neck and a gait more like a sight hound, and his coat is shorter but not the double coat of a lab, so I am kind of ruling out pug.

He may be a big pile of mixes from parents who were mixed. I don't really care what breed he is, he is a great dog. I think I am right on basenji, but if not, it's no big deal. And no he hasn't chewed my underwear. He did chew on the couch cushion where I usually sit.

Suggested Topics