• Joey is fine with the kids unless he is sleeping and doesn't want to be moved. Otherthan that, he doesn't growl at them.

• Any suggestions on resources for positive reinforcement techniques for Joey? Online? He has been trained by the breeder to do some things like staying at an open door until he is released to go, but not to sit or lay down. I have been to an obedience class with another dog that I had, but I can say that it was more negative reinforcement than positive.

• @JoeyQ:

Yikes, have we done something really wrong??? Joey has not been aggresive at all. When we play with him he will "bite" our arms, but not hard. If we say "ow" or "no biting" he stops immediately. Should we not encourage this behavior? or is it ok to do when we are playing which has been the only time that Joey uses his mouth?

We do the same thing. Alani will put her mouth around our arms but never bite down enough to even leave an indentation.

However, sometimes she will grab a toy to play fetch and if I don't respond or tell her I don't want to play she will lay the toy across my arm and act like she's chewing on her toy but feel for where my skin is and start pinching it. I know she's doing it on purpose and she thinks she's so sneaky…but I know.

Suggested Topics