• @Duke:

Well - today I wish I had used my Reynolds Wrap. After a visit with my son at my father-in-laws home, we brought home a plate for my DH filled with mashed potatoes and beef tips. My DH is under the weather today and just picked at the plate of food his dad made for him. He left the plate on the island table (counter height). I was doing laundry, when all the sudden - CRASH!!! I instantly thought about the food on the plate on the table. Yep, soon as I ran in the kitchen, the plate was broken in pieces upside down. Duke & Daisy skattered and left me with the clean up. Not a morsel of food left anywhere. Just a broken plate and shards of stone ware everywhere. What dogs - they seemed proud of themselves! I've got to watch them very close. Duke did not do these things until Daisy got him working in the life of thievery.

i've so been there 😞 Ours have perfected the hook of the bowl to the edge of the table and then voila….

• @Quercus:

i've so been there 😞 Ours have perfected the hook of the bowl to the edge of the table and then voila….

LOL - voila! They are so smart . . . Well since it worked for Duke & Daisy yesterday. Today after our meal and there was a small plate of fries left in the middle of the table. Duke and Daisy's front paws stretched up on the edge nosing the fries. "NO! GET DOWN! - GIT!" I turned around at the sink and looked back to see Duke jump up on the bar stool, then his 2 front paws stand on the table. I shot him down so fast - my DH was no help sitting in the lazy boy. Duke is getting a little too confident here. Geez, I was still in the room! :eek:

Wizard - I'm going to try the pot covers, like symbols. I know I've got a coach's whistle someplace. Thanks for the ideas.

• Also, perhaps a squirt bottle hanging from your hip at all times will help!

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Also, perhaps a squirt bottle hanging from your hip at all times will help!

The one time I tried the squirt bottle on Ruby it scared her, and she immediately jumped down, ran to the rug near the dinner table and peed :eek:. The squirt bottle has been put away never to be seen again.

Suggested Topics