Skip to content

Cairo - Drug Dog

Basenji Talk
  • Well we have some friends visiting us that were packing to leave this morning. As they were showering Cairo decided to investigate their luggage and search for drugs.

    He found a toothpaste shaped tube of Benedryl that is some type of pain relief or itch relief salve for muscles and proceeded to puncture it in a million places. When we looked at it and squeezed it it looked like that playdoh toy that grows hair.

    So, I suppose it is possible that he swallowed some of the salve. He did a fake throw up about 15 minutes later. Now he is sitting in my lap with me at work.

  • I don't think drug sniffer should be his job. Let him know he's not allowed to eat what he finds. As for the play doh look-a-like tube, maybe he should market that. Liver flavor, not Benedryl…of course. Hope he's ok !

  • Well it is 11am now and he was inspecting the goods around 8am. I suppose he is fine. Just took a nap in my lap.

  • Hmmmm … maybe he wanted to go to work with you and that was his trick to go

  • I think you are right

  • Lillie did the same the other day. It was a tube of bacitracin ointment. No ointment came out, just a punctured tube and a chewed up lid.:D
    Jodie:)

Suggested Topics

  • NOT silent dog

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    VanessaV
    No offense but I would of yanked that womans hair. What the heck was she thinking. :(
  • 0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    BarklessdogB
    Owning a basenji requires a good sense of humor and a large dose of patience and a willingness to do some creative thinking to convince the basenjis what you want is really the same thing as what they want. So true, never a dull moment with these dogs
  • My dog is so dumb- My dog is so smart

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    J
    Hollie will hide her treats and her dog food. Her favorite hiding place is under MY pillow in the bed. She has tried to hide her entire food bowl by pushing one of her plush toys with her nose in an attempt to get the toy on top of her food bowl. Why doesn't she just use her mouth to pick it up and place it on the bowl? Silly dog!
  • Brocolli Dog

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    nobarkusN
    That's right I forgot about goose poop. Also flattened dead dried out birds. Mine also would eat dirt and tan bark. "What the hell was I missing in their diet" I'd ask myself. (-:
  • Devil dog/good dog

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    nobarkusN
    Yes I agree Pat, Fort Funston could get very crowded and dangerous for smaller dogs as packs of bigger dogs playing could cause injury. My 2 Basenjis were very good and stayed pretty close to me and got used to the crowds. The only problem I had there was with this lady who had an older Tri color female Basenji. It would bite my blk/wht, Nika who was 1-1/2 on the butt. A few times of that and I stayed way away from her. The problem is Nika was a very playful girl and never did anything like that. A few times of getting nipped on the butt started her doing it to other dogs and Basenjis. A Basenji would want to play and Nika would chase and give a nip and the the other dog would get mad and a fight would occur. Nobody would ever get hurt thankfully. It was rare that it would happen as I took them there for 9 years, mostly on the weekend without problem. We had a lot of fun and people loved the Basenjis! Ringo, the red/wht was a very entertaining clown when we'd go down to the beach.
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...