Skip to content

Doggy Daycare near Waxhaw NC?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenjis do ok with doggie door when left alone?

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    It depends on the dog and your situation. I have never and will never allow my dogs to be outside when no one is home. A concrete fence would probably solve most of my issues (snakes, tree limb breaking fence, neighbor kids harassing or even poisoning). I'm almost 60, have had exactly zero dogs who loved being in their crate (except my first rottie who wanted it for sleeping in, gate open.. she didn't NEED a crate from the time she was about 6 mos old). But if you give them good quality toys and chews, dogs generally chill out. They sleep up to 18 hrs a day so I consider a crate a good safe haven. My basenji is fine left in my bedroom now that she's grown. My 2nd basenji didn't destroy things, she'd pee on my bed.. so she got crated. My first was incredibly dog aggressive, so the rotties and chow ran free, she was crated when I was out, slept with me at night (as did/do the other 2).
  • Successful doggie park day

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    KipawaK
    I am sooo glad that you both had a successful day at the dog park. It's so important for dogs to be able to socialize well with other dogs. Well done!
  • Tucson area doggy day care – suggestions?

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    KipawaK
    Thanks Sinbaje. That's an impressive group of dogs you have. I'll keep your message for further reference. In researching basenjis, I come across a number of abbreviations. I'm the curious type and I just like knowing. :)
  • The Basenji with 9 lives (well nearly)

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    BenkuraB
    @thunderbird8588: At least she seems to have learned, lets hope she generalises it to other cables. Somehow i dont think so:) Benji used to love being blown with the hair dryer on hot. When i had the hoover out he used to get under my feet, i think because of the noise he assumed it would provide the same enjoyment as the hairdryer. I put the nozzle on him, not realising the suction was so strong. He wasn't amused and went into attack mode :) Our Benji LOVES the dyson. We have to take the nozzle over him every time we use it otherwise he goes in a huff! :)
  • Pet Friendly travel - West Jefferson, NC

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    Sounds like a PAWSOME time was had by all! Definately a place I will look into for a vacation, plus it's not too far away from TN. Thanks for all the information and pictures!!!
  • Car rides, loose, crate or doggie seatbelt?

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    15k Views
    luzmery928L
    could be. it also took me a long time to figure out the harness. I'll try again, this time with my hubbies assistance. We want him safe. This weekend my B was doing that sound right before they puke (gave him some rawhide bones) and I carried him to the bathroom and put his head in the toilet thanks to someone else's experience on this forum-sorry forgot who)and my daughter was laughing at me, but hey he threw up in the toilet and hopefully will in the future. I love how human they can be at times….really just like children!