• Hi this is my little boy Jida, we're from Hong Kong! Jida is 7 months old now and I had him when he's 3 months old. I was always thinking that he's a Jack Russell but then last night when I took him to the vet. (because he has some skin affection) The guy in the vet told me that he's not a JR but a Basenji. He even took out a book and show me the picture of a Basenji. Then, I just realise that I was wrong for the past 4 months!!!! What's a stupd mom am I!!!! :eek:
    Jida has his tail cut when i got him so I can't really know if his tail is curl or not…anybody can give me some opinion?
    I love Jida whatever he's a JR or a Basenji but m just curious to know..:rolleyes:

attachment_t_1986_0_100_2442a.jpg
    attachment_t_1986_1_100_2511a.jpg

• Welcome!!! And your little Jida is so cute 😃

• So cute…and welcome!

• Welcome and what a cutie!!

Looks like a basenji head on a jack russel body (I only say that because of the coloring of his body). But he is absolutley adorable!!

• Hi chel,

I think my boy Duke is a Basenji/Jack Russell mix. But I think yours looks more JR than Duke. I agree he has a Basenji head on a JR body. He's really cute! Of course we love them and wouldn't give them up for the world. Is his temperment more like Basenji or JR? Does he bark - much? Duke barks a lot! Duke's tail was also cut off when we got him as a puppy. And I too had no clue what breed Duke was for 4 months! (I had a crazy dog is all I knew.) A groomer tipped me off to the wonderful world of Basenji.

• Yes! I agree with the others B head on a JR body-sooooo cute!

• @Duke:

Hi chel,

I think my boy Duke is a Basenji/Jack Russell mix. But I think yours looks more JR than Duke. I agree he has a Basenji head on a JR body. He's really cute! Of course we love them and wouldn't give them up for the world. Is his temperment more like Basenji or JR? Does he bark - much? Duke barks a lot! Duke's tail was also cut off when we got him as a puppy. And I too had no clue what breed Duke was for 4 months! (I had a crazy dog is all I knew.) A groomer tipped me off to the wonderful world of Basenji.

Hi! Duke is very cute too!! I think Jida's temperment is quite like a B cuz he sometimes insist in doing something that he don't listen, really got his own idea, so sometimes I really wonder "is he a dog?" cuz he really got his own thinking like a human! Jida Barks sometimes when he hear somebody is coming back home. He is a bit crazy sometimes too like crazy running around my apartment. And do your dog let you to touch his head? Jida don't let me to touch his head sometimes when he's playing with me. He's like don't want me to get over him sometimes.😕

Suggested Topics