• G'day, mate! Welcome!

• Welcome Jen! I have had basenjis since 1973, as many as 5 at a time (not in kennels, all in the bed) and thugh I have lost many a shoe and several pairs of glasses, I love basenjis above all other dogs. Hopefully you will find some to visit, and get one or two of your very own.

Anne in Tampa

• Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    I have been talking to a good breeder about 4 hours drive from where I live and she curently has two litters which I hope to go and visit. However I might decide to wait until next breeding season as we are moving to a farm sometime before christmas and feel it would probably be better to wait until after the move before bringing home a puppy,mainly because the farmhouse will be more suitable for an indoor dog than the house we are in at the moment. As much as I would just love to race out and get a puppy today especially if I went to look at some pups. How will I resist!!!!
    Especially after the breeder emailed me a fact sheet on the breed which just made me want one even more.
    I am not good with temptation!

Jen

• Sounds exciting, who is the breeder that you have been visiting?

• I haven't visited yet, hopefully we can make a trip up there soon.
    Kanibaru Basinji's are in Perth, Western Australia
    They seem really nice and helpful too

• @Jen_westoz:

I haven't visited yet, hopefully we can make a trip up there soon.
    Kanibaru Basinji's are in Perth, Western Australia
    They seem really nice and helpful too

Davina is great… I talk to her often via email.... a couple of her Basenjis are in the US and they are very nice.... She is a great breeder, you can't go wrong there...

If you talk to her, tell her Pat from Tanza Basenjis says HI!

• As you all can see, responsible breeders all know each other, or of each other around the world…ggg... Reason enough to always go to a responsible breeder (unless you are looking for a rescue).......

• We had Kinibaru khybers Pride(Sydney) visit us a couple times. Nice B.

• Thanks Pat, Its always a good sign when people are so helpful and willing to send you information about their dogs. Even without visiting Davina I am already sure she is a fine breeder and you've confimed it for me! My originally intentions of waiting a year are getting harder and harder to stick to. If only we had moved already! Well there is still hope she may still have some pups when I am ready or I will just have to be patient until next year. I would rather wait for her next litter now that I have heard such good reports than go to someone i didnt know much about.

• @Jen_westoz:

Thanks Pat, Its always a good sign when people are so helpful and willing to send you information about their dogs. Even without visiting Davina I am already sure she is a fine breeder and you've confimed it for me! My originally intentions of waiting a year are getting harder and harder to stick to. If only we had moved already! Well there is still hope she may still have some pups when I am ready or I will just have to be patient until next year. I would rather wait for her next litter now that I have heard such good reports than go to someone i didnt know much about.

I think you are making very smart and wise decisions… and I know how hard it is to wait....:D ... I waited almost a year before I got my first Basenjis...

Good luck... and I know you will be a wonderful Basenji Slave!

Suggested Topics