• Here are pics of Caesar (red boy 6), Cairo (brindle boy-8mo) and Savanah at the park this past Saturday. They played their guts out for 3hours in a sunny 93 degree heat.

This is the Crest Lake Dog Park in Clearwater, FL.

Cairo is in the maroon harness:

And Savanah is in the green:

Caesar sat overseeing or protecting me most of the day:

Savanah and Cairo ran and ran and ran! She really enjoys play time and looks so much better now that she has been with us a month:

Here is a pic of the three crashing after their day of play. That is Savanah with her head up:

John picked up Savanah Sunday and took her home with him. Cairo spent all night looking for her. Sad little boy.

John called and said she did fine her first night with him. He dropped her at the vet for her spay today. She weighed 17lbs! That means she finally gained 3lbs in one week!

it should be smooth sailing from here! Have fun John and we can't wait for Savanah to come over and play again.

• Awww it must have been a bitter sweet goodbye for everyone 🙂 I hope little Savannah does well in her brand new home. And hats off to you Mantis for doing such a kind deed 😃 The Bs at Rainbow Bridge are looking down very happy 😉

• You did everything right dear.
    Kudos for your caring for a basenji in need.
    You have earned your stars in heaven…that is for sure.
    Have John give us updates please.
    This is better than any soap opera on tv.

• here is a pic john just sent me. he just picked her up from her spaying and she screamed the whole way to his house. she is being quiet, has pain meds and is hanging with john on the couch for the rest of the day

They fixed her little hernia while they were at it:)

• The pain meds will help, but they also make the b's feel better than they are…so keeping them quiet for the time the vet wants was the hardest part for us.
    What a lucky girl she is...
    YOU All have Done GOOD!

• Aw…you are one awesome lady, Mantis! She'll be fine at her new home and from her spaying. She sure is a sweetie. ((Hugs)) to you, Ceasar and Cairo!

• Betsie, you are Savanah's angel and she is truly rescued by you and John. Thanks and I know that John will have the hands on support with your help transitioning life with basenji. Savanah is a real beauty.

John, I hope you find this forum to be informative as you blend your life with little Savanah. This place and the people here have been very-Very helpful for me.

• Here is another picture from John. I havent heard how she is doing today yet.

• Oh I do hope she heals up soon & back to her old rambunctious self 😃

• Well savannah is back to her devious little self once more. She is eating plent of food and meeting lots of new people.

Thanks for all of the support

Suggested Topics