Skip to content

Hello, what do you think my Basenji is mixed with…?

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Is my pup Basenji mixed?

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @elbrant - Better place to see what a Basenji looks like is on the BCOA site, www.basenji.org and go to https://basenji.org/index.php/shop/books-cd-s-illustrated-standard/illustrated-standard. You can review on line
  • Hello from Basenji newbie ))

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    @tanza I got her from Ukrain, as there is no Basenji breeder in Georgia
  • Newbie, I think I have a Basenji Mix?

    Member Introductions
    38
    0 Votes
    38 Posts
    26k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @Gigi said in Newbie, I think I have a Basenji Mix?: @eeeefarm She only barks if she actually sees or hears something - and it will be more than one bark, but she is by no means yappy - could be the collie in her :) Then again, when I tell Bailey to get the" red" or "green" ball, is she seeing the same "red" or "green" that I'm seeing, or is it just by word association, who knows? She always gets it right. I agree talking to our dog keeps them engaged with us. Here's a bit of news for you.. we don't see the same red and green as other humans. Not just those with various types of color blindness, but in general. Take one of those color vision tests with someone and you'll see when you rank things, or decide if blue or green, or if you can see the numbers in the pics. Neitz confirmed that dogs actually do see color, but many fewer colors than normal humans do. Instead of seeing the rainbow as violet, blue, blue-green, green, yellow, orange and red, dogs would see it as dark blue, light blue, gray, light yellow, darker yellow (sort of brown), and very dark gray.Oct 20, 2008 Psychology Today"
  • I think I have a Basenji!

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Cute, but I don't see Basenji
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    14k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Just wondering if he barks or does he make basenji noises? I have to agree he looks more terrier than basenji though.
  • Hello basenji forums!

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    15k Views
    proteinmanP
    Trailer park to city! LOL big time. I think they might actually think such things:p There's not another breed I'd rather play second fiddle to. Welcome and enjoy your very debonair B.