• Kiya broke off most of one canine and had to have it removed…I was assured by one breeder it wouldn't end her career as Basenjis are infamous for breaking off tips of teeth or worse...

Can anyone else make me feel any better?? Kiya is in a show next weekend!!!!!!!

😕

• @annandael:

Kiya broke off most of one canine and had to have it removed…I was assured by one breeder it wouldn't end her career as Basenjis are infamous for breaking off tips of teeth or worse...

Can anyone else make me feel any better?? Kiya is in a show next weekend!!!!!!!

😕

Depends on the judge… missing teeth is a "fault" regardless of how lost... remember now, I said "fault".... so you might want to tell judges when the look at the teeth that it broke and had to be removed... some will count it against her, some will not...

Is the missing tooth on the show side? If on the off show side, I would be that 80% of the judges will not even notice it is missing.

• No sadly…it's ON the show side! UGH

• So sorry about Kiya's accident. How did it happen? Fingers and paws crossed that she will go on with the shows and make you proud.

Suggested Topics