• Hello All,
    I just adopted a Basenji mix from the humane society five days ago and I am so happy. I went to the humane society on my lunch break one day, as I had planned on adopting a dog. There were about 30 to 40 puppies/dogs and she immediately caught my attention. She is reserved and affectionate, but also a little stubborn. In some ways she reminds me of a cat. I have owned 1 pitbull/rottweiler mix and 2 german shepherds in the past, so she is definitely different.
    They anticipate her to be around 1 yr old and said she was brought in as a stray. She is completely white,but her face and ears are brindle and also has a patch of brindle at the base of her back. Her tail curls up, but it is not fluffy like the pure bred Basenjis. I can see things will be challenging in the training dept, but she is adorable. I have only heard her make the "woof sound" and she whines a little when she wants attention.
    I am sure I will learn a lot about this breed from reading the forum and will post a picture soon.
    tlbuddy and Cali;)

• Hi! Welcome to Basenji Forums!

Sounds like you adopted a great dog! Do you have any photos of Cali? It would be great if you can post them in the Show Off Your Dog thread.

Let us know if you need help posting your photos.

Suggested Topics