Skip to content

Gallbladder/liver issues

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Thyroid issues.

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @Abaihya think you need a new Vet, no way should the Thyroid blood test be that price.... They draw the blood and it is sent out....
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Skin/Coat Issues

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    N
    At the beginning there were a couple of little spots, this was about three weeks ago, I thought that they could have been the result of playing at the dog park so I just put a little bit of aloe vera on them, but then they started to show on different spots and not only on the black but on the white coat as well. I do not see him scratching himself on those spots but what I notice is that is getting dandruff, it is like his coat is going through something and all that comes to my mind is the food, I do not know.
  • Liver issues

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    nobarkusN
    @tanza: These kinds of problems are not uncommon when your Basenjis start to reach their "golden" years. You might want to try him on Dr. Dodd's liver cleansing diet. http://www.canine-epilepsy.com/Liver%20cleansing%20diet.htm Many have used it and had great results regardless of what you find out the issue might be. Good Suggestion Pat as I had an older B with liver issues in 2008 and that diet brought it down into normal range.
  • Layla's Liver Issue

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Great news, i'm glad Layla is doing so well. Thanks for the update
  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    K
    LOL oh he did, but rarely. Now it's a nightly occurance, and I was angry when I wrote that, he just ate my last dessert dumpling! yup, I'm still mad…