My scales say around 8kg now! But I had him weighed at the vet last week and he was 7.2, so my scales must be a bit off. He's definitely more steady on his feet and our walks are along canals—meaning lots of bridges and steps He still reaches out for Bobby's food through the crate wires after he's finished, so I'll have to get him a slow-feeder bowl. Also the peeing indoors thing has completely stopped. His crate and beds are off limits apart from feeding time and he uses a bell to go out. Success!
Him and Bobby are learning to get along well too, which is nice. There is still frequent snout-grabbing and high pitched growls from Bobby (sounds more like a cat, really), but they're getting closer and closer day by day: shared sniffing and happily rough house eachother during play—Bobby often on the receiving end. All good signs I hope.
Also, weirdly for a seemingly neglected dog he ADORES strangers. He'll go over, begging for attention and licking. Totally puzzled, because now I have 2 polar opposite basenjis:
- One won't approach strangers, one loves them
- One isn't food motivated, one is ABSOLUTELY food motivated
- One has to do the poop-prowl, one goes immediately
- One never yodels/howls, one definitely does
- One hates being near faces, one needs to be in your face
- One has an incredible dog-fixation ability, one really couldn't care less
- One PULLS after lots (and I mean lots) of work, one will walk attentively and perfectly after barely any work
That being said, they both steal, climb, hate water and go crazy if they see a rat/squirrel/bird. So there's that.