Skip to content

Breeders in the Uk

Moved Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Good breeder?

    Breeder Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • Breeders

    Breeder Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    khanisK
    Pam Geoffroy [Eldorado] is President of the BCOA and Debbi Hauri [Mata Hauri] is a longtime Basenji breeder. I am sure you would love a pup from either of them :-)
  • Canadian Breeders

    Breeder Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    SharlaS
    Fopaws is great. I actually bred to one of their boys and since then we have become extended family. They are wonderful people with wonderful dogs!
  • Your guys opinions on a breeder?

    Breeder Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    Average litter size is 4 to 6… for Basenjis... My litters were 6,4,4, and 4 As lvoss pointed out there are other threads of the heartbreak that breeding can bring... along with the cost.... Again if really interested in breeding, get involved with the breed first.... find a mentor, go to shows just to watch, go to lure trials,... join a regional club if there is one in your area. For a real learning experience, go to the Nationals...
  • Breeders in TN

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    13k Views
    renaultf1R
    @Nemo: Here's the link. http://www.basenji.org/learn/ Go to "screening breeders" at the top. That is a great list…and great explanations of why those questions are important.
  • Breeders-Why and What?

    Breeder Talk
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    25k Views
    tanzaT
    Yes, Arlene, you do need at some point to take a stand and trust what you see and what you like… Breeding comes down to that in the end.... And with a bitch that is only 1 1/2 yrs looking down from the top is not a very good judge... IMO... reason?... They are not mature yet... and they shouldn't be.... their ribs have not even "sprung" at this age.. again IMO.... I would be hard pushed to say a dog is "wider" in the front then the rear at this age by just looking down on them.... again IMO.... Here is a link to 3 pictures of Kobey, 6wks, 3 months and 5 1/2 months... everything I saw on this pup at 6 wks that I liked (and that is a bit early then the 8 wks usually used for evaluating pups) I still see... but there are differences while growing... Now granted this pup is one of the few that has yet to really fall apart with a growing spurt... And also the faults that I saw at 6wks are still there too..... www.tanzabasenjis.net/kobeygrowing.html