Skip to content

Tips for caring for a B after getting neutered?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Male neutering

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    23
    1 Votes
    23 Posts
    12k Views
    ElieFigE
    @Zande, that’s awesome!
  • To neuter or not ?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    BarklessdogB
    He actually does go in our other dog's crate to steal food and my wife actually caught him laying down in the bed in it. Nothing is ever impossible. We did try crating him for a short car ride and he chewed through his lead trying to escape.
  • Question about neutering

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Behavioral difference depend on the dog, the age the dog is neutered and other factors. Lots of studies on the topic but mostly you avoid the heightened mating response to other dogs in heat and chance breeding. Behaviorally, effects are generally not that much otherwise.
  • B mix

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    NicolaN
    @YodelDogs: If you are positive one parent was a pure Basenji and the other parent was a pure Dachshund then she cannot get Fanconi Syndrome. I'm pleased to hear that. I have a B cross and I was wondering about Fanconi with her.
  • Best time to neuter?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    cazC
    Aw, little Dora's growing up!
  • Neutering

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    18k Views
    bellabasenjiB
    Yeah, Jazzy's mom… it's okay, I guess I was being a dope about that! Sometimes I get all flustered about an issue and don't quite see the irony in things... no apology needed.