Skip to content

Basenji adoption

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @cleopatra888 said in Looking to adopt a Basenji - Michigan or surrounding states.: Hello. I live in Tehkummah and very interested to see if you still have this Basenji available. I am trying my luck. Thanks in advance. Cliff Stobra01 responded: Molly, who is located near you... Stobra01 says that >>Molly has gone to All Heart Pet Rescue in Powassan, Ontario, juat outside of North Bay. They have a Facebook page<< I am not sure if this is the right group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/8543502122/ but seems right for finding help on a rescue.
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    G
    Yes, I currently have an application in with BRAT. I adopted a female Basenji from there in Jan. of this year, but I wanted 2 dogs. I've expressed interest in a couple of dogs but they were all far away from me and I think the dogs went to people who were closer.
  • Looking to adopt a basenji (Los Angeles, CA)

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    11k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Laura, You have posted under someone's thread looking to adopt. Hopefully people will still see it but you might get more attention on a new thread. I am starting one for you and will add the link. http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?16376-For-Laura-(-yodels2u)-seeing-breeder-wants-2-puppies&p=173379#post173379 That should take you to the thread. Good luck in your search. I know members here will have some breeders for you. Also, you might consider BRAT or rescues. While puppies not that common, they do come along. Also considering older pups (6 to 10 mos) from breeders that didn't work out for show but would be great as pets will broaden your options.
  • Adoption???

    Basenji Rescue
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    V
    @AC~Akeyla: Well, we recieved an email from the coordinator of the B we want to adopt. She is ready to set up a home visit… I figure that's better than not hearing back from them. Huh? Also, what are they looking at when they come for a home visit? I'm happy to hear the good news. You have a good coordinator. My application and request to adopt fell through the cracks, so I'm happy to hear people in your area are efficient and on the ball. Good luck. Keep us posted.
  • Searching to adopt a female basenji

    Basenji Rescue
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    RedVelvetLynxR
    Hi jagm - Are you really sure you want puppies? Have you ever bred a litter before? It is truly more work than I would have ever thought, especially if you are doing all of the right things, as listed above by tanza & lvoss. Are you prepared to keep 6 or so puppies forever? I used to think to neuter & spay was cruel as well, but realistically, that's only a selfish notion. Good luck in finding your boy a companion! I found one for my girl & that's the best thing I could have done for her, other than having her spayed.
  • Looking for a basenji lover to adopt 3 1/2 yr old

    Basenji Rescue
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    S
    Its very hard not to be judgemental, but when I deal with folks rehoming their dogs, I do try to be kind. At least until I get the dog out of the home. Then I vent to my dog rescue friends. Sometimes, you just have to.