Skip to content

Feeding Stella and Chewy’s cause diarrhea?

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • How much do you feed your basenji?

    Basenji Feeding
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    39k Views
    D
    My Bs, aged 9 and 11, get 1 cup of dry food, along with a small amount of canned food. My male, aged 5 gets 1 1/2 cups of food but he is being fed the Prescription Intestinal food along with canned. I rarely give treats and if I do it is a small portion. The amount really depends on the type of food you are feeding and the percentage of protein and fat and the activity level of the dog. Do you have a picture of your girl? Jennifer
  • Hints on Feeding

    Basenji Feeding
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Nom, if you buy in bulk and freeze, raw isn't really expensive. I can get chicken backs at about 29 cents a pound!
  • Consistant Diarrhea

    Basenji Feeding
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    dashD
    So of course, this weekend she seems to be fine. We took her to meet her new family (hopefully) and I think she will fit in well. She will only be about a mile away so I am loving that I will get to see her on walks! Keep your fingers crossed all goes well.. Jen
  • Raw feeding

    Basenji Feeding
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Feeding Schedule

    Basenji Feeding
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    25k Views
    lvossL
    What is Arlene weaning the puppies onto? Orijen has a good grain-free puppy kibble. I feed mine twice a day. The best schedule I have found for housetraining is to get them up and out to potty first thing then they play while I get breakfast together, they get their breakfast and then are out again after 20 minutes, usually for a short walk. The pup is then crated or ex-penned while we are at work. One of us comes home for lunch and the pup is pottied and played with so they are ready for an afternoon nap. When I get home they go out again and then play with the "big dogs". Everyone gets dinner between about 5-6pm then they are out for their evening walk about 20-30 minutes later. Then I make sure the pups get a good play session before bed and out to potty right before. Usually it takes a few weeks before they can hold it all night so plan on pee break in the middle of the night, just pick them up and out to potty then back to bed so they know it is for business and not play.
  • Feeding FRENZIE

    Basenji Feeding
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    10k Views
    DukeD
    @basenjibratz: The only one that checks to see what's going on in the kitchen is Talker. When he hears me picking up the bowls and putting the kibble in it, he'll come into the kitchen. You're lucky - I have to comment now because it's been a few nice days lately, where the humidity is low and I have the windows open. I have been putting doggies outside when preparing their food. I try ever so slowly to open the lazy-suzan to get clean bowls, then quietly as possible to open the cupboard door and slide out the tray where the food is kept. They HEAR it!! It's amazing! Next thing that goes on is them squabbling on the deck pawing on the doorwall glass. Well, I'm glad they're not at my feet doing this. I let them in when bowls are in crates and they FLY to their places. Geesh!! They're not starving, they're very well fed with 2 meals a day and add treats…it's their thing, I guess. So young though. I hope they cool it in due time. Not hoping for them to get old, because I go along with them in time, but hoping for a little mellow.