• Does anybody else go crazy waiting for test results ?? I should have the results on Wookie any time now I think. It seems like it has taken forever ! :rolleyes: The Vet says his hips look good. I am doing much praying.

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE I HAVE YET TO MASTER

• When did you submit the x-rays? It takes about 4-6 weeks to get results.

• I submited the X-Rays 3 weeks ago. I might have a longer wait than I thought then !! YECK…

• It does take 4 to 6 wks at least.

• Oh it is so frustrating all the waiting. I had to wait 3 months for mine to come back this time as they are a bit slower here in Germany, but in the uk it is normally 4ish weeks.

• Four to six weeks is normal. Did you have your females' hips x-rayed also?

• I have a rather interesting story re: ofa - not to give you all something else to worry about.

I had 2 males x-rayed on the same day. The film was correctly labled with each dogs AKC number etc. In addition there were 2 seperate forms and 1 check.

The vet and I had a chuckle as the positions were so similar - you could actually lay one x-ray on top of the other and it looked like one. Didn't matter which way we did that - it just looked exactly the same.

After a LOOOOOOONG wait - got the results for 1 dog. I called and asked where is the other dog's info. They gave me a lecture about how x-rays are seen by different readers etc. So I waited some more - then they asked for the information about the 1st dog - and I waited some more - and called some more. Finally got the results back and both dogs - who had nothing different than each other - had different ratings. (they passed but to different levels)

Their explanation is that both dogs films were in one sleeve - so I asked if I could pay to have my films returned - they could not - so I to this day - don't know if they lost one x-ray and read the same x-ray twice or ???????

This was over 10 years ago - one would hope that their process is better now.

• @Dee:

Does anybody else go crazy waiting for test results ?? I should have the results on Wookie any time now I think. It seems like it has taken forever ! :rolleyes: The Vet says his hips look good. I am doing much praying.

Did you ever get your OFA results?

Suggested Topics