Skip to content

Is My Basenji puppy color rare?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • My 5 year old Basenji is biting new Basenji puppies hard

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    That good news, Dennis - and you are likely to find, in the long run, that the older boy will teach the pups far more than you ever can. They'll get their street cred from him !
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Thanks everyone for your help!
  • Two male Basenji Puppies

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Always say, opposites are best... are these littermates? Even with opposites, many times littermates are a problem... as they competed as babies for everything.... and we say, it works till it doesn't... Is there a reason you want two of the same sex? and you need to be prepared that if they don't get along you will need to separate... I was very lucky but very concerned about the two bitches I got at the same time, 2wks in age apart... I looked at the temperament of both before deciding... and LUCKED out... I have one very confident bitch and one not.. but they have meshed well together with the confident bitch not concerned with being "top" in the house, she knows she is but doesn't need to prove it.... still it took till my one bitch had puppies to prove to me that she was OK in her skin and have remained friends since... even with her puppies. IMO (in my opinion) unless you are looking to breed at some point, not worth the chance... been the other route too... and it is NOT fun
  • Looking for Basenji puppies for sale

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji Colors

    Basenji Talk
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    26k Views
    ChristyRutherfordC
    Yeah, it is a hairless kitten (not very cute in the pic though) He liked to unroll Squiggys tail and watch it roll up again. I will try and take some better pictures this weekend.
  • Did i ever show you my basenji puppy?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    DukeD
    I wish I could see this. My dial-up service is soooo slowwww! But the "chunky" basenji pup sounds like its a funny one. I have to try and remember to open this link up at work.