Skip to content

Is My Basenji puppy color rare?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • My 5 year old Basenji is biting new Basenji puppies hard

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    That good news, Dennis - and you are likely to find, in the long run, that the older boy will teach the pups far more than you ever can. They'll get their street cred from him !
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Thanks everyone for your help!
  • Teaching your basenji puppy the rules

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    15k Views
    ?
    Not allowed on the couch was the first rule we made and the first we broke, I only made it to please the hubby, but know I wanted snuggles and cuddles so not sad it went out the window. I just wasn't willing to spend sooo much time correcting Kaiser over the rule that I knew he was going to win and seemed to be wrong as he is all about human contact and just glad he loves to sleep in his crate and the bed rule never got broken. Knowing how Kaiser yearns to have human contact and how he likes to be up high I don't think I would have made it a rule in the first place, but if you stick to it and give your puppy a comfy, warm, high, sunny spot and lot's of cuddles it may learn in time to love the spot you have chosen for it, but will say good luck with that. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • Looking at a Basenjis puppy

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    I think invis fencing is a bad idea for any dog. I've heard the Blaze story about an Aussie too. And in this day and age, with this economy, I've heard stories about people stealing dogs for ransom or worse things.
  • Rare Brindle Basenji?????

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    22k Views
    tanzaT
    Interesting, I email a person on nextdaypets about their Basenjis for sale, and to their credit they did do Fanconi testing.. however their puppy prices are based on color… I asked her how come and she said that the color that sells the faster is the highest price.. sigh... so much breeding to improve the breed.... and not for a cash "crop"
  • Who has a basenji puppy?

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    21k Views
    MantisM
    wow, that is great!