Skip to content

Looking for a older female basenji companion

Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Looking for basenji breeder Scotland/UK

    Breeder Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    11k Views
    ZandeZ
    Best you can hope for now is to get onto a list for this winter but all the breeders have had full lists now for some time. You may find you have to wait for next winter. Demand this year is through the roof - we are weeding things out as much as possible. Email me privately - addresses are on the websites listed in my signature block.
  • Want a healthy female retired basenji

    Breeder Talk
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    D
    So sorry to hear about the loss of your girl. Worst part of owning a pet. As Tanza mentioned, Beverly has had a family member pass. She is also not actively breeding, and her remaining dogs are older than you're looking for. That said, she probably would like to hear from you. You might want to contact Lori Stargell at SkyHi Basenjis. She has had a few of Beverly's dogs so you have a connection. No idea whether she's looking to place a retired girl but she's a good person and may know of another breeder who is.
  • House of the Basenjis

    Breeder Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    F
    Thank you for the replies. Yes, either a total scam or just irresponsible, deceptive and lying individuals trying to make a buck. I am so glad I found this forum. Federico
  • Looking for a Basenji Breeder

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    9k Views
    1
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Breeding a basenji?

    Breeder Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    16k Views
    tanzaT
    @Kipawa: I think most people will agree that neutering a dog does not spoil their spirit or temperament. More often, spaying or neutering results in a more calm, balanced animal. I agree, but we have lots of people on the Forum from over the "pond" and they have most different ideas about spay/neuter, different culture, different ideas…. and that is their right.... sometimes we all will need to agree to disagree..
  • Basenji magazine

    Breeder Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    @agilebasenji: So Breeder A said Breeder B didn't test? Personally, I'd do some homework before I'd believe what Breeder A said about Breeder B. Maybe it's true, and if it is SHAME on Breeder B! But I've learned that just because 2 people breed basenjis, doesn't mean they like each other. (And just for the record, I have no idea who Breeder A and Breeder B are.) Exactly…. and it is easy enough to check on the OFA site or Sally's pedigree site (of course that is not updated until OFA site is updated). But never go on what "he said/she said"... at least I don't... but there has been much discussion on other lists about well know breeder not testing or doing a questionable breeding with tested dogs... all pretty easily documented on the OFA site. So in some cases could be "he said/she said" with no truth to the statements..... as said, best and the responsible thing to do is check out your facts.