Skip to content

Basenji?

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji mix? And with what?

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    elbrantE
    I can see why someone would think there was Terrier, but I'm not so sure about Basenji. (The only way to know for sure is to do a DNA test.) Both of your dogs look very similar. What breed, or mix, is the older one?
  • Basenji and...???

    Show Off Your Dog
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    She is really cute though I don't see Basenji. Like Shirley said, only a DNA can tell you much for certain.
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    No idea, sometimes with mixes it's so hard to tell what the parentage is. I do think that your dog's head is a bit more refined than many of the pit mixes i've seen.
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    P
    I agree with the others that although he seems to have Basenji in him - his head is def. not Basenji. As for the leg I'd have it amputated if it troubles him - He'll cope with 3 legs I'm sure, but certainly consult a specialist first. Please keep us updated.
  • Basenji Love

    Show Off Your Dog
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    18k Views
    K
    This is a photo to be framed. I love it. So adorable.
  • Basenji Country

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    wizardW
    Definitely jealous! I used to live in Idaho, b.b., and really miss it. Nothing around here where I would feel okay about letting EL D run free.