• Pat,
    Very nice lure coursing link on your site!! It get's two thumbs up!

• Thanks Dan…. we are pretty proud of our kids.....

• I don't know much about showing either. For years I keep thinking I will get into showing, but due to health issues within the family, I can't really get away for more than a few hours at a time. We do have a local club that Francis Carlisle (Papalote Basenjis) runs, Bee-Tx Kennel club I believe. I think they have shows here in Beeville once a year. Guess that would be a start ?? and probably as far away as I could go!! 😞

• I remember the first time that a bitch I owned was shown by her breeder. We took tons of pictures and when Kathy came out of the ring - we stood there and asked "did she do good?".

Sometimes folks there is bliss in not knowing what's going on. I see so many people who are so jaded by the process that they have lost the joy of showing.

I recently judged in Cincinatti and was pleased that folks there were truly there to show off their dogs and enjoy the company of others who show basenjis. I saw some wonderful puppies, some new and old Africans, some promising young adults, wonderfuly specials and veterans - and also people who clearly enjoyed being with their dogs and with other breeders and owners - that was a fun experience.

• @dmcarty:

I remember the first time that a bitch I owned was shown by her breeder. We took tons of pictures and when Kathy came out of the ring - we stood there and asked "did she do good?".

Sometimes folks there is bliss in not knowing what's going on. I see so many people who are so jaded by the process that they have lost the joy of showing.

I recently judged in Cincinatti and was pleased that folks there were truly there to show off their dogs and enjoy the company of others who show basenjis. I saw some wonderful puppies, some new and old Africans, some promising young adults, wonderfuly specials and veterans - and also people who clearly enjoyed being with their dogs and with other breeders and owners - that was a fun experience.

And we had a lot of fun showing to you too!

• I do believe ignorance is bliss 😃 😃 when it comes to showing….I think all the dogs do great & whatever the come out with...ribbon, rosette, lint...it's all good 😃

• I think the best advice about dog shows I was ever give was, "No matter what placement you take in the ring, always know that you are taking the best dog home, your own."

• @jys1011:

I do believe ignorance is bliss 😃 😃 when it comes to showing….I think all the dogs do great & whatever the come out with...ribbon, rosette, lint...it's all good 😃

I like the idea of taking lint home 😉 I think that happens to us a lot! Actually more likely I take home uneaten bait in my pockets, then the dogs chew a hole in the jacket later on…that has happend more times than I care to admit!

• @Quercus:

I like the idea of taking lint home 😉 I think that happens to us a lot! Actually more likely I take home uneaten bait in my pockets, then the dogs chew a hole in the jacket later on…that has happend more times than I care to admit!

Me too! They got one of my best summer jackets this past April in Las Vegas.

• I can just see them in the ring…thinking 'fine don't give me that liver right now...I know if a few hours, you will take that jacket off, and lay it on the bed, and when you go to the bathroom, I will just get it then' envisioning them rubbing their little digits together in a tent like fashion....patience, patience....

Suggested Topics