• I know we have some Ohio owners. Hopefully some will speak up.

• Banned

Wish I could. I am in Colorado. Hope it works for you!

• I am in NE Ohio near Cleveland but I don’t go to dog parks 😞

• Banned

We rescued our little girl from CBR. However, we were cautioned - NOT just because she is a rescue but due to the breed not to ever take her to a dog park. These are the reasons we were given: too many other communicable diseases, possible aggressive other dogs and many other safety / hazard risks. She did recommend socializing her with other Basenji or even other dogs in a 'not'so-public' setting, just not dog parks. Therefore, we have never taken her to one but I am certain it would be up to your discretion.

• I'm in South Florida. Broward County.
    Any Basenji or part-Basenji owners in the area?

• @katzmeow
    I'm in South Florida. Broward County.
    Any Basenji or part-Basenji owners in the area?

Contact @Pam Hamilton with Camp Basenji. There are a LOT of basenjis in Florida.

• @debradownsouth said in Meet up Central Ohio??!:

Contact @Pam Hamilton with Camp Basenji. There are a LOT of basenjis in Florida.

Debra, thank you.

• Hello, my family and I live in Central Ohio as well. We do not have a Basenji but are looking to get one. I was curious to know If your Basenji was good with children, if so, would you consider meeting so my children can interact with your Basenji prior to purchasing one?

• @mvdperez said in Meet up Central Ohio??!:

due to the breed not to ever take her to a dog park.

I"m surprised. I take doodle to one of our local dog parks on a regular basis. Three times a month, maybe more, and she ❤ it!! As long as I don't take her every day... then she starts thinking it's her backyard and gets a bit agressive. For us, that meant teaching her words like, "stop" and "gentle", both of which worked really well. So, for now.. every 10 days or so. I realize that there are dogs there that are not cared for the way I take care of doodle, but she has all her shots, so I feel like she's protected from 'whatever'. Every once in a while we see another Basenji.

The first time it happened, she went running up to him and it was like "love at first sight". LOL They had a blast! But doodle almost always has fun being around other dogs. And I feel like it's good for her. So, I'm sorry to hear that your pup doesn't ever get to go.

• I am in Charleston SC and would live to connect with other B owners for Yappy Hour.

Suggested Topics