Skip to content

Help with Basenji Database

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    6k Views
    C
    Hi @2baroos , the vet has checked for a UTI and she is healthy. I have tried thunder jackets with her and she tears it off with assistance from her companion. I'm afraid she will certainly remove anything we put on her, especially diapers. We're trying to discourage her from peeing in the crate at all. She used to sleep in a cardboard box that she loved and started to completely destroy it once the anxiety started, now she shreds her bedding and pees on it. I know how this must be really upsetting to her and am trying my best to take care of her.
  • Basenji

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    If you click on the last icon with the arrow up icon, you can upload photos. They need to be in JPG format I think.
  • Getting a basenji

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ?
    HI, we don't have many breeders in New Zealand but luckily there was one that had a website which came up when I did a search on the web and was given information about more breeders here. If you do find a breeder please make sure they are a responsible breeder and do all the health testing etc. Lot's of info on this forum regarding this and maybe someone can help further. Good luck with your search. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • My Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    As mine age I try to keep a bit of weight on them because I know they may reach a stage when they just don't keep weight as the organs weaken.
  • Help! Is my boy a Basenji?

    Member Introductions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    His coloring is a lot like a tri basenji, but whatever he is, he is a really nice looking dog. I have a mix also, mostly basenji in her traits, but lots of extra skin around her neck, much thicker than a true basenji weighing 33 lbs. If her legs were shorter I'd definitely say corgi - yours probably has corgi in him.
  • Help Help Help

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    BasenjiByTheBayB
    Wondering how your two are taking to each other now. We've had Bongo for just over 3 weeks - seems like so much longer - and he and Fiji are now a real team. Wish I'd had the camera handy last night when they were sleeping on the couch with Bongo draped over Fiji. (The first week they'd share the couch but at far opposite ends.) They walk together, run together and share toys and bowls. She still puts him in his place if he messes with her crate, or crosses some other line that only the b's know and understand, but he takes it like a dog. I'm actually surprised, and thrilled of course, that they bonded so quickly. How are yours coming along?