Skip to content

Looking to talk with a Basenji breeder in the St. Louis, Mo. area.

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Searching for the breeder of my Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    J
    Hmmm… seems like we need a 23andMe solution for our pups. How bout we call it K9andme. I can remember most of my pups markings and have 100s of pics to refer to. That said they do change pretty fast. Our pup D’Otto was a split head with a nice dot right in white. It started as a dot and it’s still there! But it’s a bit more of an oval these days.
  • 1 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    A
    @m0nia86 I know, what are the odds! I have not been up Cavehill in years also, so maybe it was meant to be that we bumped into eachother 😊 I saw the forum notification about Northern Ireland and I thought hmmmmm that's interesting, and had to take a look. I will private message you the email address that I have for Charlotte, but I am sure it's the same as what you have already been given.
  • Looking into Basenjis

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    26k Views
    wizardW
    I forgot to mention that they can also be extreme houdinis. My female has learned how to manipulate the latch on her crate so I have to use a lock and she taught herself how to open the screen door. My friend had a male that could climb an 8 foot fence and escape. Be sure to check about such things when you talk with breeders or BRAT.
  • Funny, he dosen't look Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    Buddys PalB
    @Mr: I guess B's aren't the only ones. I just love the captions on these photos! So clever! I have to over see any toys I have with Uzie and Candi my hound mix (to whom Uzie is really bonded) She starts the destuffing, and he gladly finishes it. Kongs and the like are the only thing I can leave in the toy box. The first week I had him, he swallowed the tail end of an unstuffed toy. Biggest hair ball I ever saw! then I had to bring him for a barium study as he just was not right….I have been paranoid ever since! But, he only tears and does not swallow now, I think he was so excited to be out of a crate and just started the mouthy puppy stage "lets see what this world is made of" at age 18mos. I can't help but laugh when he wants to remind me of dinner time and he picks up the end of a doggy bed and looks at me to see if I am aware of him...
  • Basenji Talk in Scotland?

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    basiB
    @Elscodobermann: Best date we have for this talk is either 20th or 27th March. Will post more info when its available. cheers Have made a note Scott:D
  • Talking about Basenjis at the University

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    JannekeJ
    It is a wonderful job indeed.. And I hope all my colleague-students remember this leason about our B's!! :D But I'm boring them all with my b-stories.. so for sure they will remember something about them ;) B's in Congo are wonderful, so I've been told by the 'african' colleague. He can tell very passionate about them.. It was really cool, he saw a pic of Tillo very briefly and said: aaaah.. a basenji…!!! And I was like....:eek: He told me they are very free in Congo.. just doing their thing.. And they haven't got that tightly curled tail there as they have over here :D ;)