Skip to content

Dog sitter needed, NYC, New Jersey area

Basenji Talk
  • I'm looking for a sitter who can board my 9-year-old basenji when I go away. (I used to have a friend who stayed in my home for this, but he can't do it anymore). Poco is sociable and used to cats; he's not crated. I'd like to find a long-term solution – start with an experimental overnight, and if all goes well, have him board whenever I go on vacation, or for long weekends.

Suggested Topics

  • My strange new dog

    Basenji Talk
    7
    3 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    ZandeZ
    She's very handsome but I would say more Staffie than Basenji - DNA test will tell.
  • Basenji sitter in NYC

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    Hi: I too am looking for a sitter in the NYC/New Jersey area – if you found someone, would you be willing to share that info? Thanks!
  • Need a gift for a dog lover; customized dog art ideas??

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    lisastewartL
    I have had a couple stained glass made, but there is normally a 3-4 month lead time as the artists are already booked up for Xmas this yr. Most of the artists on etsy will be booked this late in the yr, I had two quilts and a needle felt made a couple yrs ago and I placed my order in June in order to guarantee Xmas delivery. If you have a nice photo, there is a company called treasure knits that does wonderful woven afghans out of a photo with about a one week turn around. I have had both afghans and pillows made from photos as xmas gifts from them and they do great work.
  • A new dog in the house

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Too bad for the dog though. Hopefully all will settle down further as time goes on.
  • Dog sitter videos

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    wizardW
    I leave the radio on for EL D while I'm gone at work – not because it calms him down but because I don't want him going bonkers because he's hearing the squirrels making noise outside :) He generally sleeps while I'm gone.
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...