Skip to content

Hello from Indiana

Member Introductions
  • I am trying to learn all I can about Basenjis. They are beautiful. . We just rescued a beautiful brindle little girl we have named Nova. . My husband and I both feel she is at least part basenji. This little girl makes the strangest sounds we have ever heard from a dog and we had an American Eskimo for 15-1/2 years that pretty much made bear sounds. . She was a mess when we got her, fleas infested, urinary tract infection, dehydrated, and pretty much starving. A guy wanted to get rid of her so my husband brought her home. . The first few days were horrible, with her peeing everywhere but now that we have things medically under control she is blooming into this beautiful little comedian that you can't help but laugh at.

    We also have another almost 2 year old rescue half border collie and half jack Russell or rat terrier mix at best guess that had been an awesome dog and has taken Nova on pretty much like a mom and they are joined at the hip pretty much. They live playing together. Our other girl is Mya and she is extremely smart. So we have 2 extremely unique looking girls that we have fallen in love with. .
    attachment_t_16372_0_20150819_132052-1.jpg

Suggested Topics

  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    Welcome and so sorry to hear about the health issues of your two B's…. Thank you for opening up your home to them... And Thank Goodness we now have DNA tests for Fanconi so that no Basenji ever has to suffer with this horrible affliction.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    2baroos2
    kipawa-I sent you a message
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    B
    Okay I wll fill the BRAT application out again …..can't hurt
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your pups!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    L
    Welcome! This is a great forum to gather information on. Im sure you will be able to find the answers to many questions you may have along with some "b" friends.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome and kudos to you for helping with rescues! It sounds like Kowboy was a great introuction to the breed. I'm sorry for your loss of him and Indy. this is a great place to share and keep memories alive. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a speedy relocation back to your family in CA!