Skip to content

We love our Basenji!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji or not ????

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I have to go read your link, but having been called to the shelter to see a chow that was an overweigh pomeranian, a rottweiler that was a lovely hound dog (Rottie rescue in FL told me keep quiet, they knew it wasn't a rottie but had a good home so just get it. I expected a LITTLE Rottweiler looking... bahahaha, no.)... vets who thought our basenjis were so many other things, not much surprises me.
  • Basenji Love

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Welcome… I am guessing that your girl was lost to Fanconi? And if that is the case, when you get your next Basenji there is a DNA test for the Fanconi Gene as of September of this year.
  • My first Basenji!!! WE LOVE HER

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    pacificNWbasenjiP
    Welcome! I know exactly how you feel, I got my first basenji last year from Kathy and don't know how I lived without him. I too planned on getting another in a few years, I buckled and got a second this year :) Now I don't know how I ever lived without the two of them! You met my dog Dude's littersister Searsha in NJ I believe, her momma and I keep in touch and talk about how the pups are growing up :) Your little Willow was a sweetheart from day one, I got to visit the puppies a few times. Her momma is also the biggest LOVE, she was the first basenji I met and look where I am now :)
  • Love my basenjis

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    V
    Hi Vicki - I love your name. ;) Welcome and I hope to see more of your postings. This is the best site for help, advice, and friendship. I, too, use the squirt bottle and always keep a cup of water on the counter for more drastic intervention. My two will go at it, then clean each other up once they are wet. It is funny.
  • We love our basenji

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    AndrewnShangoA
    Congrats on your adoption! You're def. helping the world of lost/abandoned pets…. Tell us more about your new pup!
  • Love My Dog

    Member Introductions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    AlexA
    Hi! Welcome to Basenji Forums! Do you have any photos of Sahara? It would be great if you can post them in the Show Off Your Dog thread. Let us know if you need help posting your photos.